Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 09:12 PM

212 posts, read 923,825 times

Advertisements

Interesting reading for all of us selling.
housingdoom........the usual before and after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2006, 11:30 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,476,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tismekll

Do you live in Arizona?

Old 06-24-2006, 01:18 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,039,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tismekll
<peeve/> woulda been nice to have been given just a little more than a tickle of what you were talking about</peeve>

::googling::

link removed

Quote:
Blogger logs fears of housing market

Jun. 23, 2006 12:00 AM

The more Gilbert resident Debi Averett researches the current real estate market, the more alarmed she becomes.Moderator cut: Provide a link instead of copying, please

Last edited by Marka; 12-07-2007 at 10:17 AM..

Old 06-24-2006, 02:27 AM

Yep trying to get out of Az as quick as possible.

Thanks for posting the article.

Old 06-24-2006, 04:11 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,039,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a1m1700
Thanks for posting the article.
Welcome

Reading some of the responses to the Arizona Botanist Blogger lead me to a more wide-ranging site link removed

That blogger carries stories from different parts of the world, illustrating that the craziness doesn't just exist here in the US. From China:
Quote:
“A real estate frenzy grips China’s urban areas, and one recent day saleswoman Xu Shuang faced an unruly throng when units at her luxury housing project went on the block. ‘You should have seen it. More than 1,000 people gathered outside,’ Xu said.”

“Amid flying elbows and chaos, many signed purchase agreements for anything put before them. ‘It was kind of chaotic,’ Xu said. ‘People selected their apartments in a great hurry. They didn’t give much thought to the floor or the location.’”

“The frothy market generates passions, which worry Chinese officials. Last month, the government shut down the Web site of an activist who launched a ‘Don’t Buy a House’ petition drive. Activist Zou Tao claims that urban dwellers are turning into ‘mortgage slaves’ yoked to debts for decades.”

“Buyers retain bulletproof optimism that values will only go up. ‘It’s impossible for them to go down,” said Lu Ting, a saleswoman at a massive housing complex in southwest Beijing.”
::wry chuckle:: Sound familiar?

Last edited by Yac; 06-26-2006 at 01:31 AM..

Old 06-24-2006, 06:18 AM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,552,020 times
Isn't it really a national problem for all those people who got interest rate ARM mortgages and now they're adjusting? I listen to the Dave Ramsey show a lot (online) and here calls who are pretty panicking over zero or negative equity.

Old 06-24-2006, 07:21 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,909,292 times
There has been alot of talk on many news shows (MSNBC, CNN) that those who purchased ARM's w/ interest only are now coming to the point where they need to start paying interest and principal and there is speculation that in the upcoming years, there will be a lot of foreclosures - hopefully over the next few years the bubble will level off and not burst. If it bursts, it effects us all.

Old 06-24-2006, 08:33 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,272,103 times
All I can tell you guys is this...I am a Realtor but I've lived in Raleigh/Cary area for over 25 years. I've bought and sold 5 houses and have never NOT made a profit. Now, don't get me wrong...its not like Maryland or California or Florida, where prices double each year. We have a very stable economy here, low unemployment and our homes appreciate every year but at the rate of an average 5%. So, we have no bubble to burst. And I've never seen homes go down in value here. But lets remember this...people want a good life for their familes. Live where you are happy and don't make it all about the "investment". Yes, you want to make a well educated decision but if you are trying to find the area where houses are going to double in price by the end of the year, you are taking a huge risk wherever you go. My clients move to Raleigh becuase its a great place to live for a lot of reason, not just because of investments. Ok...I'm now getting off my soapbox!!! Vicki

Old 06-24-2006, 08:41 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,909,292 times
What we see in NC (the 5% inc each yr) is more reasonable. So many people are leaving my area of Long Island yet the demand for houses and costs not only doubled for some but tripled, on the other side a lot of people took the equity to redo their homes as opposed to moving which increases debt load. These people would get very little $ if they sold as now they owe more on their homes. If you buy a house now and do not intend to sell it for at least 5-10 yrs, common sense dicates there will be some profit on the house BUT what other debt to do carry? There are a lot more pieces to the equations but it will be interesting to see what happens over the next year or so

Old 06-24-2006, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR
All I can tell you guys is this...I am a Realtor but I've lived in Raleigh/Cary area for over 25 years. I've bought and sold 5 houses and have never NOT made a profit. Now, don't get me wrong...its not like Maryland or California or Florida, where prices double each year. We have a very stable economy here, low unemployment and our homes appreciate every year but at the rate of an average 5%. So, we have no bubble to burst. And I've never seen homes go down in value here. But lets remember this...people want a good life for their familes. Live where you are happy and don't make it all about the "investment". Yes, you want to make a well educated decision but if you are trying to find the area where houses are going to double in price by the end of the year, you are taking a huge risk wherever you go. My clients move to Raleigh becuase its a great place to live for a lot of reason, not just because of investments. Ok...I'm now getting off my soapbox!!! Vicki

Az used to be the same way not even a 5% appreciation per year..............then bang double appreciation.
Times are different right though, I think someone descibed it well previously. The trickle down effect will effect the entire market some markets obviously more sereve due to the correction that must take place.
NC shouldn't be hurt in that capacity since they haven't been over inflated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina