Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 11:17 AM

5 posts, read 35,193 times

Advertisements

I've located a home in Warrenton that I'm thinking of buying and want to learn more about the town and area from the experts. Any help would be so appreciated!

http://www.warrenton-nc.com/

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4533274

http://www.historicproperties.com/detail.asp?detail_key=Sewar007

Last edited by coffeepleeze; 03-18-2007 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2007, 11:51 AM

Does anyone know anything about Warrenton, NC? Looking for a small town with historic homes. Help? Anyone?

Old 03-18-2007, 12:55 PM

577 posts, read 1,901,340 times
Warrenton is about as rural as it gets right now, its north of wake forest near the VA border, towns near it such as Norlina and Wise are very poor, the only thing going for wise is Lake Gaston. Im native N Carolina and Ive had issues in Norlina,,,As mentioned always check it out in person.

Old 03-18-2007, 06:45 PM

Thanks NCman - do you know anything about the town of Warrenton? Their chamber site makes it look lovely - like a perfect little small town with antique shops, coffee shop, hardware store, lots of historic old victorian homes, etc... it sounds wonderful. Is it as nice as it seems?

Old 03-18-2007, 07:12 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,934,898 times
I grew up in Louisburg and spent countless weekends at Lake Gaston. I don't think you would like Warrenton or that area in general. It is extremely isolated, and you can see many outhouses still in use. Back in the 70's an impatient trucker with a tanker full of hazardous PCB wastes attempted to save time or money by fitting a hose to the tanker and slowly driving through Warren County while dumping the PCBs alongside many miles of county roads. I'm almost sure it was a superfund site, and I think a cleanup was attempted several years later.

Louisburg, which is only 30 minutes from Raleigh, is full of historic victorian homes in need of renovation and possesses all of the charm that you seem to be looking for. I suggest you check it out.

Last edited by architect77; 03-18-2007 at 07:21 PM..

Old 03-19-2007, 04:50 AM

oh my - that does sound nasty....I really don't mind rural at all as long as there is a town at the center of it all and then the usual larger stores within say a 20 mi radius....guess it is something I'd definitely have to go see in person to get a good feel for the area. Thanks for the heads up

Old 07-02-2007, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 6,508 times
Default Warrenton is GREAT!!!

I moved to Warrenton about a year ago, from Cary, NC. Although it took a lot for me to make the move, it would almost take wild horses to drag me away. The people are friendly, the town is historic, the stores are 20 minutes away in Henderson, and there's no traffic. I moved my small business up here and it is working out well.

There is WiFi in the downtown part, a new library is scheduled to be built, there are lots of things going on at the country club and golf course and especially at the lake. You can't beat it with a stick!!

Old 09-28-2007, 02:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,362 times
Default Warrenton

Please consider Warrenton, NC if you have not been there and visited and bought yet. It is a quant little town with friendly people. I am trying to retire there myself.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:57 PM

1 posts, read 6,342 times
Default good evening

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeepleeze View Post
Thanks NCman - do you know anything about the town of Warrenton? Their chamber site makes it look lovely - like a perfect little small town with antique shops, coffee shop, hardware store, lots of historic old victorian homes, etc... it sounds wonderful. Is it as nice as it seems?
I saw the quote from Louisburg! I just want to say that im from NY LI and i moved to Warrenton 6 yrs ago and would like to say if you dont like country then this isnt the place for you. If u are looking for country then this is the place for you Warrenton is a beauiful place to live the schools probably isnt the best but to live is waonderful of course u have your ups and down thats ANYWHERE you go, it doesnt matter where u live you could live in a top notch county or state and they to will have problems. Over all Warrenton is a small quaint town and everyone knows everyone very friendly people. It isnt a trashy palce to live and yes Norlina has its bad but warrenton in itself is a great town as far as poor well it all depends how you see it. I live outside of warrenton and have lived in warrenton and they both are a great place to live.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:09 PM

1 posts, read 5,729 times
These post are getting a little old now. I am still interested in getting feedback about Warrenton. My uncle is buying a farm, in perrytown area, which I believe is a small section in warrenton. What do the people around there do for work? My uncle is a butcher so could work for a big food chain if they have it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina