Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 7,405 times

Advertisements

Looking for land (1/2 - 5 acres) to purchase somewhere around Hickory for future custom built home. Need to be near lakes/rivers for fishing and within 20-30 minutes from city and activity. Any suggestions or information would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 05:46 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,085,137 times
As far as property is concerned, not too sure. Lake Hickory, which is located in the northern parts of Hickory, may be your best bet. I would buy sooner than later as prices are going up. Land will be cheaper than the Lake Norman area, but lake front property is not as plentiful as Lake Norman.

If you would like info about the city of Hickory itself, ie things to do, just let me know. If you have already visited, what did you think about it?

Old 02-28-2007, 06:23 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,761,438 times
"Lake Hickory" is actually a wide spot on the Catawba River. I recommend taking a look at the Grace Chapel area of Caldwell County just to the north. Although it has a Hickory address it is in Caldwell County thus it has cheaper taxes.
I live in Cajah's Mountian and have about twenty miles from Hickory and have river access just down Connelly Springs Road which is exit 113 off of I-40.
I have posted this many times but I gotta tell you that I think Hickory is a perfect location. Best year around weather pattern east of California. Thirty miles from ski slopes yet very little snow and it doesn't get all that hot in the summer. You are one hour from Charlotte Airport, Asheville, and Winston Salem.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:03 PM

73 posts, read 309,197 times
Hi,
I have sent you a private message. May be able to help you out.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:40 AM

5 posts, read 25,800 times
Default Relocating to Hickory

Are there good/bad areas in Hickory? Any suggestins on where to live in or around the area?

Old 08-29-2007, 12:07 PM

1,502 posts, read 4,085,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg8t0r View Post
Are there good/bad areas in Hickory? Any suggestins on where to live in or around the area?
Well there are both good and bad areas. But the good far outnumber the bad.

The places with the highest crime in Hickory would probably be in southwest Hickory. Along a road called South Center Street. There is public housing here and there is a concentration of crime here. You cant miss it if you see it. Its a pretty well confined area though. Im not talking about murders, but there is drug activity and things like that. Habitat for Humanity has come in and built newer homes there. Its actually not too far from the Hickory Police Department.

Old 09-04-2007, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 7,032 times
Default Also Looking for 3-5 Acres Within 20-30 Minutes of Hickory

I too am looking for a couple of acres of property near Hickory. I'd like something with a view, not necessarily the lake or river. Any suggestions?

Thanks. B/N

Old 09-05-2007, 07:36 PM

573 posts, read 2,443,410 times
You might want to consider Taylorsville. I have heard land is more plentiful there. I think it's about that distance from Hickory. We bought an acre of land in Newton, a town over from Hickory. Very nice piece of property. We are moving there in 10 days, I can't wait!

Question to anyone who can answer...what ski slopes are 30 miles away? Are you referring to Boone? Are there cabins to rent up there as well?

Old 09-05-2007, 08:11 PM

230 posts, read 579,056 times
Exclamation like mountain view

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg8t0r View Post
Well, I like Mountain View in Hickory. If you live here for some time you will know why. There is a website for Mountain View, you should be able to find them on google or so.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:24 PM

49 posts, read 114,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb View Post
Well, I like Mountain View in Hickory. If you live here for some time you will know why. There is a website for Mountain View, you should be able to find them on google or so.
I've lived in Mountain View for 12 years and LOVE it. There's a lot of land around that area that you can look into building a house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina