Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 07:13 PM

5,660 posts, read 27,006,052 times

Advertisements

The recalled peanut butter has been found on store shelves in my part of NC, (Asheville). If you have some at home, you may want to check the lid for the specific product code noted below.

Peter Pan Peanut Butter and Great Value Peanut Butter

Products beginning with Product Code 2111 recalled for possible salmonella contamination.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2007, 09:23 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm34b View Post
The recalled peanut butter has been found on store shelves in my part of NC, (Asheville). If you have some at home, you may want to check the lid for the specific product code noted below.

Products beginning with Product Code 2111 recalled for possible salmonella contamination.
Already found it in my pantry!! Fortunately no one at my house has gotten sick. I'm saving the jar in case someone does and I have to prove it came from the peanut butter. YUCK.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:30 PM

For a full product refund, you may do one of two things:

As of Feb. 16, ConAgra Foods has authorized retailers to accept returns of open or unopened jars of Peter Pan Peanut Butter or Great Value Peanut Butter marked with a product code beginning with 2111 for a full refund. You should return your peanut butter to the store where you bought it.

Or you can send your Peter Pan Peanut Butter or Great Value Peanut Butter lid or label with the product code beginning with 2111 to ConAgra Foods along with your name and mailing address for a full refund. That mailing address is ConAgra Foods, P.O. Box 3768, Omaha, NE 68103.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:34 PM

Salmonellosis is an infection with a bacteria called Salmonella. Most persons infected with Salmonella develop diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps 12 to 72 hours after infection. The illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days, and most persons recover without treatment. However, in some persons the diarrhea may be so severe that the patient needs to be hospitalized. In these patients, the Salmonella infection may spread from the intestines to the blood stream, and then to other body sites and can cause death unless the person is treated promptly with antibiotics. The elderly, infants, and those with impaired immune systems are more likely to have a severe illness.

Current outbreak status from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/salmonellosis_2007/outbreak_notice.htm

Old 02-16-2007, 09:59 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,748,754 times
Quote:
Salmonellosis is an infection with a bacteria called Salmonella. Most persons infected with Salmonella develop diarrhea, fever, and abdominal cramps 12 to 72 hours after infection. The illness usually lasts 4 to 7 days, and most persons recover without treatment. However, in some persons the diarrhea may be so severe that the patient needs to be hospitalized. In these patients, the Salmonella infection may spread from the intestines to the blood stream, and then to other body sites and can cause death unless the person is treated promptly with antibiotics. The elderly, infants, and those with impaired immune systems are more likely to have a severe illness.

Current outbreak status from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dbmd/diseaseinfo/salmonellosis_2007/outbreak_notice.htm

Good info, thanks for posting

Old 02-17-2007, 02:18 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,034,004 times
Quote:

I checked and found it on our shelves - about 1/3 eaten No ill effects here, though it is my spouse who ate it. Given the permutations he creates from PB (peanut butter and mayonnaise. saints preserve us ) I'm not surprised he didn't get sick

Old 02-17-2007, 08:31 AM

129 posts, read 754,340 times
Default Don't think I'm a "nut"...

Ok, I hate to admit this, but I had 3 jars of the stuff in my pantry. We are a peanut butter lovin' family, even the dog! Scary thing is a couple of weekends ago my 11 year old got (what I thought) was a stomach bug but now I think it may have been the peanut butter toast
In my profession I've had quite a few clients who have moved here (western NC) looking for a home with land so that they can have gardens and basically go back to a simpler way of life. With all the food contamination in the press lately (spinach, peanut butter and this am I heard cantalopes) I have to think maybe they're on the right track.

Old 02-17-2007, 09:15 AM

872 posts, read 3,585,647 times
Yup found the 2111 code too. Threw it away just to be safe.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:23 PM

425 posts, read 1,257,463 times
Yep - I looked today and found the 2111 code. I had eaten some several weeks ago. I have been having some stomach issues for the last week or so, but nothing bad. Needless to say, I have thrown it away. Thanks!

Old 03-11-2007, 08:25 AM

96 posts, read 374,440 times
Heard last night, on the news, the peanut butter recall extended to ALL peanut butter made at the Georgia plant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina