Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2007, 10:31 PM

1 posts, read 11,099 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to the Fort Bragg area in May, after graduating pharmacy school. My husband, who is currently in Iraq , is stationed there so I am responsible for finding us a place to live. We would like to rent because we aren't sure how long he will stay at Bragg. We are interested in gated communities in the area. I have looked at Carolina Lakes and Anderson Creek Club. Are there any others that may have available rental properties and how would I find available rental properties in these areas?? It is really hard doing this out of state and while finishing school so anything that can be done on the internet is awesome! Thank you for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2007, 05:47 AM

134 posts, read 549,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsmiracle06 View Post
I will be moving to the Fort Bragg area in May, after graduating pharmacy school. My husband, who is currently in Iraq , is stationed there so I am responsible for finding us a place to live. We would like to rent because we aren't sure how long he will stay at Bragg. We are interested in gated communities in the area. I have looked at Carolina Lakes and Anderson Creek Club. Are there any others that may have available rental properties and how would I find available rental properties in these areas?? It is really hard doing this out of state and while finishing school so anything that can be done on the internet is awesome! Thank you for your help!
You may want to try hooking up with a real estate agent. Some of them can help with rental properties as well. I know of one in Sanford at least. And they do cover Carolina Lakes (which is a very nice place!) http://www.carolinalakes.com/ There is a listing of houses for rent on the web site: http://www.carolinalakes.com/add_per..._show_list.php

I work on Ft Bragg, and can try to get you lined up with people that are already here to give you a hand if you would like. Feel free to Personal Message me so we can exchange email addresses.

Also if I get you lined up with someone here they can help you get to know people quicker. There is a woman I used to work with, who started a support team for families with husbands/wives overseas. It is a fairly tight community, and everyone is willing to help out. Especially for the new people.

Thank you to you, your husband, and family for your sacrifice! I do what I can (train and support soldiers) but am too old to be on the front lines.

Havign moved from far away myself and trying to do it all remotely is tough. Let me know how I casn help!

Old 01-30-2007, 10:59 AM

218 posts, read 254,062 times
I am not familiar with the area, as I am in Charlotte. What I do know though is that there have been loads of VA foreclosures in that area. Therefore finding one to rent should not be a problem considering most are purchased by investors who want to rent them. I'd try to find a Realtor as well, they can point you in the right direction.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 PM

16 posts, read 76,739 times
Hi, I was wondering how your relocation went...and is going. It is my understanding that Fort Bragg offers a load of support, and the Fayetteville area is very welcoming to newcomers, as well. (This area is home to many retired vets and native southern hospitality.) FYI - I am a local, licensed real estate agent and will be happy to assist you with any of your further real estate needs (whether renting or buying). If you are going to be here for a while and are considering purchasing a home...NOW is a great time to buy. The rates are still down and the prices are now, too!! Hint, go NEW! I am looking forward to hearing from you...and anyone else relocating to the Fort Bragg/Fayetteville, NC area : ) Best Wishes to all!

Last edited by mm34b; 12-15-2007 at 08:03 PM.. Reason: Real estate agent web sites not permitted in state forums.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:43 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,791,201 times
Check out this site: americanrentals.biz
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina