Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2008, 03:39 PM

4 posts, read 55,647 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know why this house is haunted? What's the story behind it? One version I got was that the house was owned by a doctor and he died then another is that it was built for this lady's grandson and when he died she did not let anyone live it in.

I've been to the house and it's in shambles...but very interesting to check out.
Attached Thumbnails
Spencer Mountain House-dscn0188.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 04:34 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,999,303 times
222 1/2 Main Street
Spencer Mountain, NC

Supposedly, it's built on top of an old graveyard.

http://www.spencermountain.com/hh/story.htm

Old 07-31-2008, 02:52 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeOC View Post
Does anyone know why this house is haunted? What's the story behind it? One version I got was that the house was owned by a doctor and he died then another is that it was built for this lady's grandson and when he died she did not let anyone live it in.

I've been to the house and it's in shambles...but very interesting to check out.
I posted a couple of links for you in the thread that you posted in on the Charlotte forum.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 12,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeOC View Post

The story behind the house is that it belonged to the man who owned the mill that was across the street... the house was built for him and he lived in the house so he could over see the mill and watch his employees... This house is truly haunted we have pictures of ORBS inside the house....This house was used as a Haunted House until people started getting hurt by things inside the house and it wasn't by anyone working in the Haunted House.... It is said that a girl went in and came out with scratches down her back and was bleeding from the scratches......
Attached Thumbnails
Spencer Mountain House-spencer-mountain-huanted-house-012.jpg   Spencer Mountain House-spencer-mountain-huanted-house-006.jpg  

Old 10-20-2009, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 11,409 times
I grew up at the mountain, thats what we called it. Though I don't know the story behind the house I have heard that like a president or vice president stayed there over night when it was first built. We use to play there all the time, evn held our 4-H meetings there and never ever heard or seen anything. My brother and cousins and friends use to camp out there. The sad thing about it is the condition that Pharr Yarns has let it get in. The historical society should try to save it.

Old 06-27-2016, 11:37 PM

1 posts, read 3,677 times
The love family used to live in this house. I have family that lived there all their lives and never said anything bad about the house. No one died there. A president did stay there according to my late great grandmother. I'm very disappointed that Spencer Mtn could no longer be recognized as a city. All because the town can't be repopulated because Pharr yarns owns EVERYTHING! They have truly ruined the town. It breaks my heart. My great grandparents would be devastated that the town they built their home in and lived in for over half a century is in ruins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina