Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2008, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 12,180 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are planning on moving to the Moore county area soon. We are both in our early 20's and we don't have any kids,so we are most interested in good part of town and a good value in our home. I'm thinking about becoming a police officer in the Moore county area and my wife might work in health care or at a golf course. I just wanted to know the pros and cons of the cities that are above? I have seen houses in all of those area and wanted to know everyones opinion on these areas. Also I was hoping to get some good ideas on a good real estate agent that some one has experience with, and maybe a good home inspector as well. I thank yall for your time and help!

P.S. What do yall think about the new built homes in the Vass and Aberdeen ares? Who are the builders and how good are they? Seven lakes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2008, 07:30 AM

123 posts, read 511,430 times
None of these towns/villages are cities. They are very/pretty small places. None have large downtowns. More "quaint" than any other description. Cameron consists of 11 antique stores, 1 deli, and 1 gas station. The homes (for the most part) being built in Cameron/Vass are for the influx of families related to the expansion of Ft. Bragg. Southern Pines/Aberdeen/Pinehurst and 7 Lakes are geared more for retirees. That said,
no area is exclusive. All have a good mix of people and cultures.
Cameron and Vass residents have an old Piggly Wiggly to shop at, unless they travel 12 miles further to SP/Aberdeen.
It's been 15 years since we bought our current home, so I'm out of touch with realtors/inspectors. But, I've only heard good things about 7 lakes and their builders.
By all means, contact me if I can help further.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:35 PM

66 posts, read 285,031 times
Default Southern Pines

We just moved to Southern Pines a year ago. We looked at all the towns you mention and found the small town charm and ability to walk to everywhere a real plus. It is also close to the main shopping area in Aberdeen on 15-501 & hwy 1. We also like historic homes, and bought an old village Craftsman cottage. Ther are lots of families and young people, with a couple of good bars and lots of resturaunts.

Vass and Cameron are a little remote and you are only in your housing community. Pinehurst is a little pricey in the village, but Village Acres is OK and you can buy a nice 3br 2ba for about $170 K.

The house location is real important, make sure you have a realtor that is not connected to a builder. We like Jill Greenleaf with Prudential 910-783-6139. She cares about the buyer and will not steer you wrong.

Good Luck

Old 05-23-2008, 07:36 PM

2 posts, read 12,180 times
Thank yall for all of your great information! I was mostly interested in the Pinehurst and Aberdeen towns but thought it was worth giving the others a shot. Sow hat is a pretty good area for under 200K in Pinehurst and Aberdeen? So you think Jill is pretty good,do you know about an home inspector? Thank yall again!

Old 05-25-2008, 04:42 PM

66 posts, read 285,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy88 View Post
Thank yall for all of your great information! I was mostly interested in the Pinehurst and Aberdeen towns but thought it was worth giving the others a shot. Sow hat is a pretty good area for under 200K in Pinehurst and Aberdeen? So you think Jill is pretty good,do you know about an home inspector? Thank yall again!
Hi,
We used Sandhills Home inspection, things he found paid for the inspection. I think you should look at Village Acres in Pinehurst. 3br 2bath for 160-200k

Mark

Old 11-19-2009, 04:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,212 times
Default Information on towns in Moore County

Quote:
My wife and I are planning on moving to the Moore county area soon. We are both in our early 20's and we don't have any kids,so we are most interested in good part of town and a good value in our home. I'm thinking about becoming a police officer in the Moore county area and my wife might work in health care or at a golf course. I just wanted to know the pros and cons of the cities that are above? I have seen houses in all of those area and wanted to know everyones opinion on these areas. Also I was hoping to get some good ideas on a good real estate agent that some one has experience with, and maybe a good home inspector as well. I thank yall for your time and help!

P.S. What do yall think about the new built homes in the Vass and Aberdeen ares? Who are the builders and how good are they? Seven lakes?
Hello back,

Been living in Aberdeen for 11 years. Had our choice of the other towns including Pinehurst, Southern Pines. Aberdeen is a very well run little town. Yet we're about 5 minutes away from school, grocery stores, church, doctor's, 10 minutes from hospital. I'd rather live here than the other towns around here. This town has virtually no crime.

I wouldn't buy any new construction. The recently built houses here are just not worth the money. I'd stick to an older home if I were ya'll.

Old 11-23-2009, 05:18 PM

280 posts, read 1,135,611 times
Quote:
I agree with the others that suggested Village Acres in Pinehurst. That's where we lived until about 2 years ago when we sold our 3br 2ba home for $145k. It's a little more expensive than Aberdeen but a better investment. Our home gained about 25% in value in the 3 years we lived there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina