Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 06:59 AM

1,938 posts, read 7,123,802 times

Advertisements

I did and no one replied (its been a few days since then and was wondering how active the NC forum was because no one was replying) Since this individual was looking for the same things I am with the same concerns, I jumped aboard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 07:44 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,302,985 times
As a rule here on the NC forums it is pretty active. You just may have been unfortunate and got passed by. It happens. I can't say much about alls areas here in NC as I only moved here a year ago but have friends that have lived here 20 plus years. We live in the piedmont and love it. We have trees, rivers, wild critters everywhere. As far as the humidity goes...I was born and lived in CA my entire life--55 years and the humidity hasn't bothered me much. It's tolerable for sure. It actually didn't seem that much different from S. CA. Besides everyone has air conditioning and there are plenty of places to swim. The evenings do stay warmer then I was use to in CA but that is where the wonderful ceiling fans come in so handy!! Many of my friends have had their children go through the public school system here and their children are now successful adults. One of my friends lived in CA and her children went to private school there--wehn she moved here she put them in public school and they were still behind the kids here---go figure--I'd say the education here is a whole lot better then many other states. Of course each school will be different. I will say the kids here seem very polite and well mannered---a nice change from where I use to live for sure. We love it here and would never go back. It's everything plus more then we ever hoped for. With the price you mentioned for a home you should be able to purchase a very nice home in a great area. It's very affordable here in NC. Good luck!

Old 02-21-2009, 03:11 PM

15 posts, read 61,156 times
Default Southern Hospitality

I think you might want to move back to NC from CO so you can raise your kids - but if everyone there gets on your nerves trying to do all that "sharing" and "helping" and offering to actually "make you dinner if you are too ill to do so" then you ought to stay exactly where you are. God forbid your children learn to help others. Now, you could move to NC and act unappreciative and cold and almost "ugly" with your tone and lack of caring for others and pretty soon they will leave you alone and not offer any more. That should solve all of this and probably keep any of that "sweet tea" behavior from rubbing off on your kids. Sweetie.

Old 02-21-2009, 03:17 PM

15 posts, read 61,156 times
Default continued...

I also meant to say "bless your heart."

Old 02-24-2009, 07:21 AM

444 posts, read 1,143,597 times
Isn't CO part of the south too? I do not understand this country "divide".

Old 02-24-2009, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lodilynn View Post
I think you might want to move back to NC from CO so you can raise your kids - but if everyone there gets on your nerves trying to do all that "sharing" and "helping" and offering to actually "make you dinner if you are too ill to do so" then you ought to stay exactly where you are. God forbid your children learn to help others. Now, you could move to NC and act unappreciative and cold and almost "ugly" with your tone and lack of caring for others and pretty soon they will leave you alone and not offer any more. That should solve all of this and probably keep any of that "sweet tea" behavior from rubbing off on your kids. Sweetie.
Do that to us and we'll despise you.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:40 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raivere View Post
Isn't CO part of the south too? I do not understand this country "divide".
CO = Colorado, as in "out west" and definitely not the South.

Old 02-25-2009, 01:03 PM

Ok...That makes sense but I just don't see how sense CO is closer to Mexico than we are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina