Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2018, 01:04 PM

20 posts, read 27,731 times

Advertisements

My family is moving to Pinehurst in August. We are looking to buy in the Billage. I would love your thoughts on the area - projected growth? We have deciding between The O'Neal School and Pinehurst Elementary - would love any insider information on the 2 schools. We currently live in a walkable neighborhood and love the idea of walking to shops, restaurants and parks. We love living in a small town - the slower pace and community feel fits us - Pinehurst offers our family a great location for weekend trips to the beach and mountains. We love the idea of walking to Pinehurst Country Club and The Village Chapel. My main concern is real estate - are the village homes appreciating or is the area on the decline? Thanks for any info....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 08:05 AM

74 posts, read 180,380 times
Hi I hope you don’t mind me asking if you found any info before you moved?
We visited my niece near that area and liked it but need to go back and really drive the Pinehurst area too. We have many of the questions you asked but I don’t see any replies. Thanks and hope to hear back ��

Old 05-27-2019, 04:34 AM

20 posts, read 27,731 times
Default Pinehurst Update

We moved into our house in the Village last August and couldn’t be happier. Everyone love the Village area - this is where most want to live. We joined The Village Chapel and love walking to church. We walk/ride bikes everywhere....Country Club, ships, restaurants, parks, festivals, etc... it is also fun going to Southern Pines but we are so glad that we bought in This area. Both O’Neal, Pinehurst Elementary and West Pines Middle are great schools. We have friends in public and private. We ended up at O’Neal because Pinehurst Elementary is moving to the park for 2 years(trailers) while they build a new school. We just didn’t want to move our kids and put them in trailers....we will re-evaluate in 2 years. I have met the nicest people through and have made great friends. It is very family oriented and there is always something for families to do....we also enjoy being so close to great day trips in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Morrow Mountain, and many more.... As far as sports there are so many options - the US kids golf academy at Longleaf is wonderful. My kids play tennis at Pinehurst Country Club, O’Neal has a year round swim program (don’t have to attend school there) and other options, for soccer they have 2 groups but prefer soccer 365, franklin Elite is a wonderful run club, Sandhills Gymnastics, tons of dance studios, upward basketball and Harlow Basketball academy....
I hope this information helps....

Last edited by laurie2walker; 05-27-2019 at 04:44 AM..

Old 06-09-2019, 09:24 PM

Default Oh wow thanks!

I can’t believe I’m just seeing this now. I very much appreciate your detailed and informative reply!
My sister has her sights on Seven Lakes? I’ll look there too online for now.
We were supposed to take a drive down yesterday. It was a last minute idea but everyone already had plans out of town.
This is most likely a repeat. We’re an older couple who had our kids late in life.
We could be their grandparents but that’s the cards we were dealt. I was very much into Golf before them and now unfortunately my mobility is having issues. Still follow a lot of the PGA and European tour albeit on the TV.
I hope you don’t mind the long post. I might have more questions in the future and would feel blessed to have you reply again. Thank you.

Old 06-09-2019, 09:31 PM

I already thought of something lol we are both big on holidays. Would you say that’s something that is enjoyed in that area? We looked in PTC Peatchtree City Ga and tons of ppl have golf carts. They use them for everything. I realize Pinehurst doesn’t have the extensive paths that PTC does but was wondering if they’re used there off the courses? When looking at the housing I see Pinehurst No 6. Should I be typing anything else besides Pinehurst to look at things? Ok I’m off to bed lol.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:02 AM

13,368 posts, read 27,022,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocogrove View Post
... When looking at the housing I see Pinehurst No 6. Should I be typing anything else besides Pinehurst to look at things? ....
Other options depend on your budget and whether you want to be require to join a Country Club. One neighborhood I like is Village Acres, as it has no club membership requirement and is very close to the center of Pinehurst. You can search Zillow on "Village Acres, Pinehurst, NC". It has numerous moderately-priced ranch houses and seems to be kid-friendly. It is also close to the walking and biking trail.

Pinehurst's walking/biking trail does not allow golf carts as it is narrow and not paved. Golf cart use is probably limited to the edges of roads and is not very safe, IMO, but it might be OK within a gated community. Peachtree City in Georgia is an exception among golf communities, in that it allow extensice use of golf-carts.

Last edited by goldenage1; 06-10-2019 at 09:10 AM..

Old 06-11-2019, 09:56 AM

Thank you again! My husband is formulating some questions as well and hope you don’t mind. ��

Old 06-11-2019, 12:31 PM

Are there any fees to transfer a car or other taxes? Also Halloween and Christmas festivities? Thanks again you’re so sweet.

Old 06-11-2019, 12:41 PM

2,064 posts, read 1,641,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocogrove View Post
Are there any fees to transfer a car or other taxes?
https://www.ncdot.gov/dmv/title-regi...ages/fees.aspx

Old 06-11-2019, 12:57 PM

Default Thank you

For the link!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina