Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 06:39 PM

1,211 posts, read 2,676,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by murksiderock View Post
Actually, I didn't state what he said. Let's be real again, was there a need to state the obvious that Greensboro is a better city than Fayetteville? It's twice the size of Fayetteville, the LEAST it should do is have a better quality of life/city ameniities...

My objection was the statement and following agreements that Greensboro is "light years" ahead of Fayetteville. I mean, seriously, Greensboro? Greensboro has nothing going so much for it that it should be called light years ahead of any city over 350k. I gotta remember, you're one of those native Carolinians, Greensboro means a little more to you guys. I've been to many cities comparable to Greensboro, and trust me on this one--it's nice, but it's very average. It ain't that impressive...

The Fayetteville bashing on here gone on way too long and reached a ridiculous level...

It doesn't take a genious to realize that Greensboro is nothing special, however it's a very nice city that's light years ahead of Fayettenam... Fayetteville is well below average. I have family who live there and trust me Fayetteville isn't the worst, but it's no Greensboro. If you want to have an F--k it good time it's pretty cool though. Theses two cities aren't very comparable however...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2017, 07:04 PM

926 posts, read 829,177 times
I hope I don't get bashed for saying this,
Just a quick question, does the Fayetteville hate have to do something with it being Republican & Pro-Trump?

I would say in certain areas Fayetteville is below average, in other areas Fayetteville is above average.
Some cities of similar size that Fayetteville could outrank would include Montgomery, Rochester, Baton Rogue (maybe), San Bernardino, New Haven.

I can't confirm any of those, but from what I know about those cities.

Last edited by Archer705; 02-13-2017 at 07:14 PM..

Old 02-13-2017, 07:08 PM

626 posts, read 626,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Just a quick question, does the Fayetteville hate have to do something with it being Republican & Pro-Trump?
No... I am a Republican and I am Pro-Trump and Fayetteville just sucks in general. It does not matter who they go for because it just sucks.

Old 02-13-2017, 07:37 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
Quote:

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/north-carolina

Voted for Obama both times too. Not really sure what you are getting at here.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post

http://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/north-carolina

Voted for Obama both times too. Not really sure what you are getting at here.
Mayor is Republican & so is City Council.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:45 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,246,449 times
Unless the individual is a outspoken Trump supporter/opposer, I highly doubt most people here would even know who the mayor is and what their political allegiance is. Same goes for the city council members.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
Unless the individual is a outspoken Trump supporter/opposer, I highly doubt most people here would even know who the mayor is and what their political allegiance is. Same goes for the city council members.
True, that is why I asked.
But I am sure most people probably do, as long as you watch the news often, he has made many showings on television with Gov. Pat McCrory, I think he was on a Richard Burr commercial, and sometimes with Thom Tillis.

Old 02-13-2017, 08:59 PM

3,568 posts, read 1,346,788 times
Oh for goodness sakes............take all the political talk to the political forums. Sheesh.

ANYWAY..........OP asked about Fayetteville NC.

I have a few relatives there. Several yrs ago I visited and stayed a few weeks.
It's okay. Very friendly people. Right away they knew I wasn't from NC because of my speech and expressions.

Great food/restaurants at reasonable prices.
Wonderful fruit/fresh produce markets.
Lots of pawn shops......LOTS. And flea markets.
Flat.........no office skyscrapers, even in downtown area.
Lots of churches.

Public transportation is poor/non-existent.
Cab fare was cheap....I don't know if they have Uber now.

Housing is reasonable, but Hope Mills is a nicer area imo; very close to Fayetteville.

Old 02-14-2017, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Oh for goodness sakes............take all the political talk to the political forums. Sheesh.

ANYWAY..........OP asked about Fayetteville NC.

I have a few relatives there. Several yrs ago I visited and stayed a few weeks.
It's okay. Very friendly people. Right away they knew I wasn't from NC because of my speech and expressions.

Great food/restaurants at reasonable prices.
Wonderful fruit/fresh produce markets.
Lots of pawn shops......LOTS. And flea markets.
Flat.........no office skyscrapers, even in downtown area.
Lots of churches.

Public transportation is poor/non-existent.
Cab fare was cheap....I don't know if they have Uber now.

Housing is reasonable, but Hope Mills is a nicer area imo; very close to Fayetteville.
We do have Uber, also what do you mean by public transportation being non existent? Fayetteville has a bus service? There is approximately 2 skyscrapers in Fayetteville. Well depending on what you call skyscrapers, 20 buildings over 5 floors, 2 or 3 over 10 floors with the tallest, Systel Corporate Office vein shy of 15 floors.

Old 02-14-2017, 06:50 AM

7,077 posts, read 12,350,275 times
Quote:
We do have Uber, also what do you mean by public transportation being non existent? Fayetteville has a bus service? There is approximately 2 skyscrapers in Fayetteville. Well depending on what you call skyscrapers, 20 buildings over 5 floors, 2 or 3 over 10 floors with the tallest, Systel Corporate Office vein shy of 15 floors.
Yeah, I was surprised by how frequently the buses serve one of the malls in Fayetteville (assuming that mall wasn't the only mall in town). I arrived on a late evening delivery (truck delivery) at some mall in town 3 months ago between the hours of 8pm and 9pm. It appeared as though the mall's front lot was some type of transit hub. Bus after bus arrived and departed during my 1 hour stay at that mall. I was very impressed to see that in Fayetteville.

Out of curiousity, I checked the local transit website and found that a lot of routes end their service by 7pm. It seems as though only a few routes operate after 9pm. If this is true, then I can see why some folks would call Fayetteville's transit non existent. 1 hr headways M-F is pretty bad for a choice rider (one who owns a car and chooses to ride transit anyway). It seems as though transit in Fayetteville is geared towards the low income riders only.

Last edited by urbancharlotte; 02-14-2017 at 07:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina