Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 04:26 PM

4,649 posts, read 6,519,532 times

Advertisements

Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan said employers considering places to locate jobs continue to pass over North Carolina because of House Bill 2, the state’s controversial law restricting protections for LGBT people.

“I know that’s going on because of my travels: I talk to people, and I know people that are making the decisions,” Moynihan said Friday in a wide-ranging interview with the Observer. “This is not theory. This is actually happening.”

Moynihan urged a “resolution” of the situation, noting that he and others with the Charlotte-based bank as well as the Charlotte Chamber “have been working on this hard.”

Democrat Roy Cooper, elected the state’s governor last month, has opposed the bill and called for its repeal, but the Republican legislature has shown no signs of supporting such a move.

Since its passage in March, the law has caused Charlotte to lose the ACC championship football game, the 2017 NBA All-Star Game and an expansion by payments firm PayPal, among other economic blows. In the latest fallout, the San Francisco Symphony announced Monday the cancellation of its North Carolina concerts, both in Chapel Hill.

Read more here: BofA CEO says NC missing out on jobs from House Bill 2 | The Charlotte Observer

BofA CEO says NC missing out on jobs from House Bill 2 | The Charlotte Observer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2016, 06:20 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,455,504 times
Conservative solution to problems.

If you don't like the looks of your face, cut off your nose.

Old 12-18-2016, 06:59 AM

4,632 posts, read 6,465,220 times
What would it take to get this issue on a ballot, so the people of NC could decide "what is best for them" ? The lawmakers (both sides) of NC pretend to "know" what is best for the residents of NC, but we all realize they have an agenda (both sides). However they are insulated from reality, they don't feel the pain of those who have lost revenue/opportunities due to the passing of HB2. So why not let the voters decide ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 12-18-2016, 07:27 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,431,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemstone1 View Post
What would it take to get this issue on a ballot, so the people of NC could decide "what is best for them" ? The lawmakers (both sides) of NC pretend to "know" what is best for the residents of NC, but we all realize they have an agenda (both sides). However they are insulated from reality, they don't feel the pain of those who have lost revenue/opportunities due to the passing of HB2. So why not let the voters decide ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Could you imagine if it was in a ballot???

"Allow rapist to enter your young daughters bathroom and fondle her"

"You don't want your daughter and wives molested by men in the bathroom."

I could imagine the NC GA would word such a way a referendum in a manner that is biased

Old 12-18-2016, 07:53 AM

299 posts, read 250,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
Could you imagine if it was in a ballot???

"Allow rapist to enter your young daughters bathroom and fondle her"

"You don't want your daughter and wives molested by men in the bathroom."

I could imagine the NC GA would word such a way a referendum in a manner that is biased
And so they should.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:11 AM

4,980 posts, read 5,431,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trump2016 View Post
And so they should.

They will. It sounds like the perfect diversion when people realize they still won't have jobs without an education and they'll easily be distracted by the gay and will vote in droves.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:15 AM

299 posts, read 250,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte485 View Post
They will. It sounds like the perfect diversion when people realize they still won't have jobs without an education and they'll easily be distracted by the gay and will vote in droves.
It's only an issue on this forum. I travel a lot for work and it's never been mentioned. 2017 looking forward to it. The outlook is brighter as we exit the malaise of the last 7 years.
Merry Christmas.

Old 12-18-2016, 08:25 AM

599 posts, read 403,859 times
According to Public Policy Polling a majority of North Carolinian's only supported the provision in House Bill 2 that would have overridden the Charlotte City Council's decision to pass Ordinance 7056 which permitted transgenders to use the restroom of their choice though the Republicans in the North Carolina General Assembly instead went way to far including legislation that banned municipalities from enacting $15.00 minimum wage and violated federal discrimination laws.

I agree that many celebrities and businesses went overboard in protesting House Bill 2 such as PayPal which cancelled it's plan to open new offices in North Carolina until House Bill 2 was overridden but has no trouble continuing to keep offices open in countries such as Saudi Arabia where those in the LGBT community can face execution.

I'm a Republican but it's more the obvious that the Republican Party isn't the party of small government and liberty like they claim to be which is why I have decided to become an Independent and I would urge others to do the same no matter what political party you are part of this two party system is screwing us up.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:01 AM

3,909 posts, read 2,135,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroZach View Post
According to Public Policy Polling a majority of North Carolinian's only supported the provision in House Bill 2 that would have overridden the Charlotte City Council's decision to pass Ordinance 7056 which permitted transgenders to use the restroom of their choice though the Republicans in the North Carolina General Assembly instead went way to far including legislation that banned municipalities from enacting $15.00 minimum wage and violated federal discrimination laws.

I agree that many celebrities and businesses went overboard in protesting House Bill 2 such as PayPal which cancelled it's plan to open new offices in North Carolina until House Bill 2 was overridden but has no trouble continuing to keep offices open in countries such as Saudi Arabia where those in the LGBT community can face execution.

I'm a Republican but it's more the obvious that the Republican Party isn't the party of small government and liberty like they claim to be which is why I have decided to become an Independent and I would urge others to do the same no matter what political party you are part of this two party system is screwing us up.
North Carolina exit polls showed 66% of North Carolinians opposed HB2, compared to 29% who supported HB2. 29% is not alot of support.

Old 12-18-2016, 09:39 AM

2,429 posts, read 3,555,804 times
No one really knows how many corporations ruled NC out in private board meetings after the passage of HB2 and now the general assembly has kneecapped the state once more>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina