Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2016, 09:58 AM

3 posts, read 2,407 times

Advertisements

I will be visiting my sister, who lives in Cary North Carolina, next weekend and would like to know what are some areas that I should visit. I will be relocating to North Carolina next Summer and am looking for areas to reside in. My next visit I will focus on the Charlotte area. I am married, have a seven year old, a teacher, an my husband is a truck driver for Coca-Cola. I am highly interested in nice areas, safe, and good schools. So, if anyone can give me some neighborhoods to check out it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 10:26 AM

13,394 posts, read 27,252,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomadison View Post
I am married, have a seven year old, a teacher, an my husband is a truck driver for Coca-Cola. I am highly interested in nice areas, safe, and good schools. So, if anyone can give me some neighborhoods to check out it would be greatly appreciated.
Start with Cary, Apex and Holly Springs, as they are all nice, safe areas with good schools. I am sure you sister can suggest some within your budget. I also suggest searching through the Raleigh/Durham/Cary subforum. There are endless threads on neighborhoods there.

Could you husband transfer to another Coca-Cola distributor, or does he have to reapply? His job location should make a determination in the exact neighborhood. The Triangle is quite spread out.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:43 PM

2,823 posts, read 4,521,019 times
Spend time around Cary and North Raleigh, those are two of the nicer suburban areas in the Triangle. It depends on your budget but Chapel Hill might be worth looking into, too. I'm confused, do you want to only spend time around the Triangle or venture out and explore more of NC? If you only want to spend time around the Triangle, most areas in the region fit your category. Western Wake County (Cary, Apex, Morrisville), especially.

Old 09-28-2016, 07:23 AM

810 posts, read 672,109 times
You're gonna be pulled in a lot of different directions so here's another: Wakefield near Wake Forest. Nice homes, plenty of stuff around, and GREAT sense of community with other families your age/size. Great school district too

Old 09-28-2016, 10:06 AM

Thanks so much for the advice. Tailstock, in would like to explore other parts are the area too.

Old 09-29-2016, 11:13 AM

10,731 posts, read 22,909,517 times
You're asking about "neighborhoods" but haven't even narrowed it down to a city yet? You need to find the city first, neighborhoods after that.

The Charlotte Forum is the best place for Charlotte questions (including neighborhoods), if that's where you've narrowed it down to. "Nice areas, safe, good schools" are what EVERYBODY wants so that doesn't really tell us much. Have you ever been to NC and find a part of it more enticing than others (beach, mountains, etc?)? It's impossible to suggest neighborhoods when you don't even know where you'll be living (city) or working yet.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:57 PM

3,089 posts, read 4,907,612 times
Pretty sure Charlotte has a really big trucking base...you may want to start there. North Charlotte has some nice affordable areas that have easy Interstate access.

Old 10-02-2016, 07:47 AM

11 posts, read 8,609 times
How important is living close to your sister for you? There are many towns around Cary that are great to live in but like mentioned earlier it all depends on your budget and what you're looking for. You can go south to Apex, Holly Springs, Fuquay and see lots of homes or you can head north into Raleigh to be closer to it all.
I'm originally from South Florida and been here for 10 years. I live just outside of Clayton, SE of Raleigh, in a master planned community called Flowers Plantation. There's a C-C distribution warehouse in town.
Good luck!

Old 10-02-2016, 08:14 AM

7,084 posts, read 12,406,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HP91 View Post
Pretty sure Charlotte has a really big trucking base...you may want to start there. North Charlotte has some nice affordable areas that have easy Interstate access.
http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte...charlotte.html

I'm a trucker here in Charlotte, and YES, trucking is a major industry here. Red Classic is the newly created subsidiary of Coca Cola bottling. Red handles the logistics side of the business. They seem to be looking for owner operators and company drivers all the time.

If the OP is interested in the Charlotte area, there are SEVERAL options for her husband to check out.

Old 10-02-2016, 05:16 PM

Oh wow, thanks so much Imir 37. I've been here since Friday and have scoured the area, but didn't look into the area that you mentioned. I will definitely check this area (Clayton) out before leaving. If my budget is $300,000, is this an area to look into? Thanks a bunch.

UrbanCharlotte, thanks for that link and information about Red Classic.

I appreciate all information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina