Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2016, 10:32 AM

7 posts, read 9,769 times

Advertisements

Hello!

My fiance and I currently live in Sarasota, FL and are native Floridians. We are looking to move to North Carolina in April of 2017. I would love some feedback of some good towns/cities to look into.

-I currently am in customer service and seeking to look at an Apartment community, leasing Agent for a career. My fiance is a welder and that would be our priority for a career for him.
-We would like to rent a house and spend between $750-$1,000 a month
-We would be willing to commute up to 45 mins away
-We do not have kids, just a small dog and a cat, need pet friendly
-I would love a small town feel near a big city. I prefer mountains and hills but my fiance would like to be near the coast.
-Close to shopping, places to eat, outdoor actives and friendly community. We will not know anyone in North Carolina.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2016, 12:58 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,059,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaadore78 View Post
-I would love a small town feel near a big city. I prefer mountains and hills but my fiance would like to be near the coast.
-Close to shopping, places to eat, outdoor actives and friendly community.
That does not narrow things down very much. You and the boyfriend will have to reach an agreement of some kind regarding mountains versus the beach.

You both could probably find jobs in one of the three major metro areas, and live in a near-by small town. You ought to do some reading in the forums, and see what suits you both the best. The major metros are: Charlotte, Greensboro/Winston-Salem and Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill.

Last edited by goldenage1; 05-20-2016 at 01:37 PM..

Old 05-21-2016, 12:51 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
Quote:
Hello!

My fiance and I currently live in Sarasota, FL and are native Floridians. We are looking to move to North Carolina in April of 2017. I would love some feedback of some good towns/cities to look into.

-I currently am in customer service and seeking to look at an Apartment community, leasing Agent for a career. My fiance is a welder and that would be our priority for a career for him.
-Close to shopping, places to eat, outdoor actives and friendly community. We will not know anyone in North Carolina.
There are a lot of welding jobs in & near Gastonia, Bessemer City, Kings Mountain, & Shelby. There are probably pockets of welding jobs all over the state.

Old 05-22-2016, 01:31 PM

Thanks so much, I will look into those areas

Old 05-26-2016, 09:22 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,834,607 times
What has made you choose NC and what parts of the state have you seen and liked, before?

Old 05-27-2016, 07:37 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
Quote:
Hello!

We lived in three different locations in NC, prior to moving to FL (Palm Harbor). The last location, Fuquay-Varina, may be an excellent compromise for you both. Head west for mountains and east for ocean. Fuquay-Varina maintains its wonderful small town feel, yet can be as close as 15 minutes to DT Raleigh.....or as far away as 45 minutes. Just depends on where in the town you pick. Plenty of retail/dining options all around. We really enjoyed the area and it would probably be a great change of pace for someone who has spent their lives here.

Check with PDF. PDF moved from this area in Florida to Raleigh several months ago and enjoys it.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:53 AM

[quote=North_Pinellas_Guy;44214351]We lived in three different locations in NC, prior to moving to FL (Palm Harbor). The last location, Fuquay-Varina, may be an excellent compromise for you both. Head west for mountains and east for ocean. Fuquay-Varina maintains its wonderful small town feel, yet can be as close as 15 minutes to DT Raleigh.....or as far away as 45 minutes. Just depends on where in the town you pick. Plenty of retail/dining options all around. We really enjoyed the area and it would probably be a great change of pace for someone who has spent their lives here.

Thank you very much, this is helpful!

Old 05-28-2016, 08:21 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
Quote:
Thank you very much, this is helpful!
My pleasure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina