Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 07:40 AM

3,650 posts, read 4,521,838 times

Advertisements

Hmmm...never? What, do yall think I'm making this crap up just to talk ish abiut Fayettevile for no reason?

Girl, 16, raped inside Fayetteville's Cross Creek Mall :: WRAL.com

Here's another rape, since you seem to be under the impression that Fayettevile's crime is normal for a mid sized city..

http://www.wral.com/second-suspect-c...tore/13121829/

Here's a recent one about 2 cars driving down Raeford Rd (a major 6 lane thoroughfare with tons of businesses and neighborhoods) shooting at each other at 4pm on a Sunday

http://abc11.com/news/one-dead-after...ville/1274700/

Or this shooting at 1pm two days later?
http://wncn.com/2016/04/05/car-crash...le-police-say/

Oh this is an interesting one - two high school students robbing a house behind their school and then shooting at the witnesses, running onto Douglas Byrds campus where they were arrested:
http://abc11.com/news/shots-fired-be...stody/1109652/

Royal, if I remember correctly you live out in the country. Living in the city you are much more likely to hear them. I called 9-1-1 many a time. I congratulate you on never having heard a gunshot - you have gotten lucky. There are nice people in the projects of Detroit and Chicago, too. That doesn't make it a desirable place to live.

OP, you said you have a daughter. Please don't put her through the hell that is Cumberland County Schools - she will be going to school with rapists, murderers, robbers, burglars , drug dealers, gang members, fighters, disrespectful thugs...I have links to multiple examples of those too if you're interested.

Last edited by LordHelmit; 05-09-2016 at 07:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 10:27 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,388,584 times
LordHelmit, you do seem to have had a particularly bad run in Fayetteville. I don't doubt your experiences, but they are unusual if you stay out of bad areas.

I have links for Cumberland County Schools graduates who are University Chancellors (Holden Thorp), doctors, lawyers, engineers, presidential speech writers, professors, teachers, etc, etc.

I grew up there relatively close to the mall and have been back and forth to visit friends and relatives for many, many years. My parents' house did get broken into several times over 50 years, but I have never known anyone in Fayetteville personally who was a victim of violent crime. Does it happen? Yes. Would I recommend Fayetteville as a place to move to if there are other options? Probably not, but it depends on what the person wants.

In this case, the OP asked if there was "tons of stuff to do" and to that I'd have to say no, not really. If that's what you're looking for, keep looking.

As I posted on another thread I think Fayetteville has small town amenities with a larger city population. There's just not much to draw folks there other than from the southeast NC region right around it where there's really nothing to do besides hunt and fish and farm. Fayetteville could be a lot cooler than it is, but it's like all the cool stuff in North Carolina goes somewhere else and Fayetteville repels it. They try and they have little festivals and the local news will talk up the International Festival, but really it's just a little town mentality.

Fayetteville has never even had its own network TV station! I grew up watching WRAL out of Raleigh, WTVD out of Durham, and WECT out of Wilmington. In the 80s Fayetteville got a UHF station, channel 40, but I'm not even sure that is still around. I mean, what is up with that? Smaller towns like Greenville and Asheville have TV stations, but not Fayetteville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina