Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2016, 05:08 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Only the businesses prevent themselves from coming there.

The state was not progressive, as in liberal. Not true liberal. It was more center of the road, which appealed greatly to me after having the unfortunate experience of living in CA and MA prior.

Unfortunately, it had some issues with political corruption and gerrymandering of districts.....keeping one party in control FOREVER. Then the tide turned, as people got fed up and is so often the case, it appears the pendulum has swung too far the other way.
I don't agree with your first sentence. This is the kind of thing I'm afraid of: Don't expect a Shake Shack in North Carolina anytime soon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2016, 05:12 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,479,117 times
I do not support this law. It is a truly reprehensible piece of legislation. If it isn't repealed by this fall, then it will definitely factor into who I'm going to vote for.

Last edited by Renownedtheworldaround; 04-20-2016 at 05:22 PM..

Old 04-20-2016, 05:15 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,249,160 times
Just like Amendment 1, HB2 is going to leave a black mark on our state and is going to be a huge waste of time and money.

This state has more important issues to tackle.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:15 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,534,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
Have any of the district redrawings been challenged in court? If so, outcome?
Oh, yes, you can believe it! Congressional districts were successfully challenged and redrawn just in the past couple of months. In fact, a separate primary for congressional voting is scheduled in June because the court ruling came too close to the March primary. Of course, even the newly redrawn congressional districts, though a little bit better, aren't making many people very happy and have been further challenged.

As for the legislative districts, there are two additional challenges working their way through the courts. Here's a good overview: The redistricting roadmap – NC Policy Watch

I think the solution would be a non-partisan commission to redraw districts every 10 years, but that's not likely to happen in our lifetime.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:16 PM

6,381 posts, read 5,501,958 times
Personally....I want an unlimited supply of bojangles and to be married to Jennifer Lawrence....but I can't speak for all North Carolinians.

But yeah I think we should send McRory packing and balance power in the GA. It's become a circus.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:17 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
I don't agree with your first sentence. This is the kind of thing I'm afraid of: Don't expect a Shake Shack in North Carolina anytime soon
Yes, but that is their decision. They are choosing to punish citizens of NC that they do not even know, over a battle between several dozen officials of Charlotte and NC......and the bathroom/locker room/shower facility issue is much more complicated than the companies realize.

They could instead opt to move to NC and "show the way" with their own restroom policies and how they treat people. When certain big name companies started offering some pretty sweet perks, the news started spreading and it is making change in policies around the country. The best way to effect change is by example, not by running away and hiding.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:18 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,913,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelNick View Post
Personally....I want an unlimited supply of bojangles and to be married to Jennifer Lawrence....but I can't speak for all North Carolinians.

But yeah I think we should send McRory packing and balance power in the GA. It's become a circus.
I don't know who Jennifer Lawrence is, but I remember me some Bojangles.

Old 04-20-2016, 05:27 PM

8,804 posts, read 10,249,160 times
Quote:

Sir I will challenge you to a duel for the Bojangles supply.

You can have Jennifer Lawrence though, I've got my sights set on either of the Jessicas, Biel or Alba

Old 04-20-2016, 05:27 PM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,427,706 times
Quote:

I'm with you. Where do I sign up?

Old 04-20-2016, 05:34 PM

396 posts, read 410,148 times
Quote:

The gubernatorial election may be the one thing that gets me excited for this November. I am admittedly unenthusiastic about the current slate of presidential candidates, but I am really eager to see what Roy Cooper can do in Raleigh.

I guess it really boils down to my being really eager to fix this state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina