Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 03:37 PM

1 posts, read 719 times

Advertisements

I don't think it's a bunch of nonsense. Perhaps if you could have been the unfortunate customer that time witnessing it, you may have believed the OP.
I have not witnessed the 'tension' the OP speaks of thank goodness but I do notice that there doesn't seem to be a relaxed and friendly atmosphere like in Food Lion. None of the employees appear to be happy and obviously are putting on an act to please management so they don't get 'thrown under the bus' if a situation with customers arises. Such a shame to have to endure that for such paltry wages.
I don't care for HT simply because it's an overpriced store that has most of the same merchandise you can find at FL,WalMart,etc for half the price. Overpricing and pandering to obvious pretentious customers seem to be the cornerstone of this business .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 05:45 PM

398 posts, read 498,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenataT View Post
I don't think it's a bunch of nonsense. Perhaps if you could have been the unfortunate customer that time witnessing it, you may have believed the OP.
I have not witnessed the 'tension' the OP speaks of thank goodness but I do notice that there doesn't seem to be a relaxed and friendly atmosphere like in Food Lion. None of the employees appear to be happy and obviously are putting on an act to please management so they don't get 'thrown under the bus' if a situation with customers arises. Such a shame to have to endure that for such paltry wages.
I don't care for HT simply because it's an overpriced store that has most of the same merchandise you can find at FL,WalMart,etc for half the price. Overpricing and pandering to obvious pretentious customers seem to be the cornerstone of this business .
Regardless of what the OP has supposedly observed (and its quite interesting you haven't), this has NOTHING to do with it:

"...I have observed racial conflicts between staff and since it is the south and a lot of the natives seem to be mentally still fighting the Civil War..."

That is nonsense. The OP is simply projecting.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:15 AM

1,545 posts, read 1,873,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
Give me a break. Such nonsense.

I'm sure the staff at every other store in Fayetteville aren't natives?

Never heard of "Fresh Foods"...hope its northern owned, lol.
OP is probably lying, for one back when I was still in college when I came home for the summer I worked there and the store manager was black just like me, so was much of the staff, never seen or had any racial issues. Only people not from the south talk about the damn civil war so that's how I know OP is lying. Don't live in Fayetteville any more but grew up there and my family is still there which means I still go back regularly and never heard of Fresh Foods either. I don't know what gets in peoples minds that tells them that just because you are online it's okay to lie.

Old 03-25-2016, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
OP is probably lying, for one back when I was still in college when I came home for the summer I worked there and the store manager was black just like me, so was much of the staff, never seen or had any racial issues. Only people not from the south talk about the damn civil war so that's how I know OP is lying. Don't live in Fayetteville any more but grew up there and my family is still there which means I still go back regularly and never heard of Fresh Foods either. I don't know what gets in peoples minds that tells them that just because you are online it's okay to lie.
You know what? Just because YOU haven't heard or experienced it (and hats off to you for that) doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
I have heard various bystander references while I have been shopping in this store. So while it may or may not exist amongst the employees, the FACT of the matter is that it does exist and for you to say that the OP is lying or that only people from the north bring it up is ridiculous. Were you there at the time? No. So you shouldn't judge.
Hey, everybody thought Jim Baker was a good man and look at that.
And if your family is still there,then I am sure that they have heard of Fresh Foods.
Furthermore, automatically when someone doesn't agree with something,automatically that person is a liar? Please. Sounds ignorant to me.
That aside I agree with Renata in the store being horribly overpriced and that is why I refuse to shop there. Why on earth would anyone want to pay 5.00 for something when they can go to WalMart and get the EXACT same thing for 2.00? Oh yes. The prices are higher because you have to pay to be catered to. And you all thought that the customer service came free. Think about that.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:03 PM

2 posts, read 1,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Dawg View Post
Regardless of what the OP has supposedly observed (and its quite interesting you haven't), this has NOTHING to do with it:

"...I have observed racial conflicts between staff and since it is the south and a lot of the natives seem to be mentally still fighting the Civil War..."

That is nonsense. The OP is simply projecting.
Projection of what? I am curious to know what that may be? Venting maybe? Hmm. Seems to me that this is what you are doing as well. Hey, it's a free country and debating is an old game.
If you were not there,how can you be certain? Your own observation? Well,that is what the OP has expressed. Observation.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeandraW View Post
You know what? Just because YOU haven't heard or experienced it (and hats off to you for that) doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.
I have heard various bystander references while I have been shopping in this store. So while it may or may not exist amongst the employees, the FACT of the matter is that it does exist and for you to say that the OP is lying or that only people from the north bring it up is ridiculous. Were you there at the time? No. So you shouldn't judge.
Hey, everybody thought Jim Baker was a good man and look at that.
And if your family is still there,then I am sure that they have heard of Fresh Foods.
Furthermore, automatically when someone doesn't agree with something,automatically that person is a liar? Please. Sounds ignorant to me.
That aside I agree with Renata in the store being horribly overpriced and that is why I refuse to shop there. Why on earth would anyone want to pay 5.00 for something when they can go to WalMart and get the EXACT same thing for 2.00? Oh yes. The prices are higher because you have to pay to be catered to. And you all thought that the customer service came free. Think about that.
Outside of a history teacher no, nobody talks regularly about the damn civil war, does racism exist, racism exist every where, but no where near as prevalent as the OP tried to make it out to be, and no, I grew up in Fayetteville and I'm there regularly(Cary is only one hour from Fayetteville), and I don't know anybody who has heard of Fresh Foods that probably includes you who is trying to make a rebuttal to my comment. The OP is liar not because they disagree with me, its because they are lying. As working there also means dealing with the customers all the damn time. Ridiculous that I said nobody talks about the damn civil war, how? Only time I hear it is on city-data from people that moved here from else where.

Old 03-26-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
It is nonsense, witnessing some type a argument among staff some how equals people here are still mentally fighting the civil war despite the demographics being almost equal percentage of whites and blacks is nonsense, you would think altercations would be damn near every single day if the mindset of the people was what the OP stated over a argument they saw in a grocery store....that some how doesn't exist in fresh foods(maybe they are talking about the fresh market that opened last year) that is supposed to exist in the same city.

Old 03-28-2016, 12:52 AM

1 posts, read 602 times
I know that the OP was clearly relaying her own experience and has a right to do so. To people that are not from the south,it is more obvious to them. And she may or may not be referring to the whole North and South thing. Either way, get over it.

Old 03-28-2016, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjaminB View Post
I know that the OP was clearly relaying her own experience and has a right to do so. To people that are not from the south,it is more obvious to them. And she may or may not be referring to the whole North and South thing. Either way, get over it.
They clearly said the mindset was prevalent in the south, which is dumb as hell, what black person(again Fayetteville's(since this is the city we are talking about) white and black population are damn near even), Hispanic person, or Asian person has a civil damn war mindset. I don't mind opinions but some people do get online and lie.

Old 03-28-2016, 10:06 AM

21,020 posts, read 27,239,632 times
Quote:
...I do notice that there doesn't seem to be a relaxed and friendly atmosphere like in Food Lion...I don't care for HT simply because it's an overpriced store that has most of the same merchandise you can find at FL,WalMart,etc for half the price. Overpricing and pandering to obvious pretentious customers seem to be the cornerstone of this business.
After its updates in the Greenville, Wilmington, Raleigh, and Durham markets, Food Lion still leaves much to be desired. I have seen its prices to be consistently higher than other competitors.

Fayetteville will have a price war when Publix and Lidl enter Fayetteville as supermarket and limited assortment/discount grocery participants in the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina