Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 09:32 PM

2,135 posts, read 7,655,083 times

Advertisements

My story: https://www.city-data.com/forum/1866819-post7.html

Good luck to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 04:51 PM

13 posts, read 35,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Parkies View Post
In our humble opinion, it's not so simple as, "If it's not selling, it's not priced right." There are many factors that play into the current market and many factors that determine both the price and saleability of our unique house....
Jan
Of course there are many factors, but if it's been over four months, and the house still doesn't sell, it's overpriced.

Old 11-07-2007, 07:46 AM

3,305 posts, read 8,557,879 times
The townhouse I sold in April 2006 for $345k is on the market right now...it's bank owned as the people that bought it from me have already foreclosed. Anyway they have reduced the price numerous times and now the bank is asking $199,900 for it when I just sold it 1½ years ago for $145k more than that. I would buy it back if I had the money, because in 5 years it'll be worth much more than that. We bought it for $206k 3½ years ago...

Old 11-07-2007, 10:19 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
To the idea of going with an agent in a larger office, remember, agents are paid a commission when the property settles. In today's market not many properties are getting showings,much less a contract.
Agents are just like you. You work and want to get paid. An agent is not going to ignore your property if they think it is a good deal for their buyer. All properties are listed in a Multiple Listing service. Agents look at all properties that they think will fit what the buyer wants.

Old 11-07-2007, 05:44 PM

758 posts, read 2,287,345 times
Thank you, Quick Enough. But what if our property is "a good deal for the buyer" but SO IS a house that SusanQ is listing as buyer's agent? Will she promptly show the buyer BOTH houses? Or will she show him her listing FIRST in the hope that he'll buy IT? Will she show him our house ONLY if he doesn't buy any of HER "good deal" listings? I keep hearing that realtors are trained to show their own listings first, meaning the listings in their entire office! Not true???

Jan

Old 11-11-2007, 10:31 AM

7 posts, read 25,834 times
my hubby and i cant wait till our house in wilton manors fl sells we bought a home in wilson and cant wait to get there. it is a great little city

Old 11-12-2007, 06:20 AM

79 posts, read 231,760 times
It took us 6 months to sell our house in NJ. Listed it twice with different realtors with no luck. Ended up selling it ourselves (w/o realtor commissions) to a builder for $170k less than where we started. He plans to knock the house down and sit on the property until the real estate market improves.

SD

Old 11-12-2007, 08:08 PM

758 posts, read 2,287,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultgar View Post
It took us 6 months to sell our house in NJ. Listed it twice with different realtors with no luck. Ended up selling it ourselves (w/o realtor commissions) to a builder for $170k less than where we started. He plans to knock the house down and sit on the property until the real estate market improves.

SD
But you did SELL!!!--and you sold it BY YOURSELVES!!!--and (the best part) you have MOVED ON!!!

Congratulations and best wishes in your new life, ultgar!!!!!! There are thousands of people across the country clapping and dancing for people like you!!

Thanks for sharing.

Jan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina