Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 01:26 PM

3 posts, read 10,714 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking for some help on relocating to Fayetteville/Hope Mills area...are there any nice apartments around here? I'm looking for a 1 BR. Top of my budget would probably be around $900. More specifically, does anyone know anything about The Villagio? It's new, but I've heard it's in a less than desirable area. I also saw Birchfield Apartments near Hope Mills. I'm looking for more upper-scale apartments...I seem to recall there was another newer apartment complex in the area as well, but can't seem to find it online. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by R5311; 01-19-2012 at 02:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 08:39 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
I recommend Crescent Commons. It is a gated community and in a nice location. The apartments are well taken care of and spacious. The community is also close to the best shopping in Fayetteville.

Also check out Eagle Point Village Apartments (gated) and Carlson Bay Apartments (same road but not gated).

I have to agree about the Villagio not being in the nicest area. I looked at it online and while it looked so nice, I was so glad upon moving here that we didn't choose it. I can't remember if it is a gated community or not but that is something that I would strongly recommend.

All the best!

Old 01-19-2012, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
I recommend Crescent Commons. It is a gated community and in a nice location. The apartments are well taken care of and spacious. The community is also close to the best shopping in Fayetteville.

Also check out Eagle Point Village Apartments (gated) and Carlson Bay Apartments (same road but not gated).

I have to agree about the Villagio not being in the nicest area. I looked at it online and while it looked so nice, I was so glad upon moving here that we didn't choose it. I can't remember if it is a gated community or not but that is something that I would strongly recommend.

All the best!
Thank you, Caribdoll. I just saw Crescent Commons online and it looks nice, especially with the large kitchen. Google says it's 20 minutes to the airport, which is where I'll be working. How's traffic from Crescent Commons to that area, if you know?

Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,183,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R5311 View Post
Thank you, Caribdoll. I just saw Crescent Commons online and it looks nice, especially with the large kitchen. Google says it's 20 minutes to the airport, which is where I'll be working. How's traffic from Crescent Commons to that area, if you know?
Honestly, I'm not sure as I just moved to the area. I believe the airport is located in the opposite direction as Fort Bragg though. So you should be just fine in your morning and evening commute. The traffic tends to be going to and coming from Fort Bragg in the mornings and evenings respectively. Once you are not in that rush, then it seems quite clear. Maybe someone else can confirm that for you as well.

Old 01-21-2012, 12:34 PM

196 posts, read 590,264 times
you also might want to look at Enclave at Pamalee Square

Old 01-23-2012, 09:25 PM

Thank you for the tips, everyone... does anyone have any experience (or heard anything) about The Astoria?

I'll be checking out The Villagio, Birchfield, Pamalee Square and maybe Crescent Commons.

Patricemendo, do you have any first-hand experience at Pamalee Square?

Old 03-10-2012, 07:50 PM

20 posts, read 35,177 times
Quote:
Thank you for the tips, everyone... does anyone have any experience (or heard anything) about The Astoria?

I'll be checking out The Villagio, Birchfield, Pamalee Square and maybe Crescent Commons.

We are coming down in April to look around for our July move. We will be checking out the Astoria, looks nice. Does anyone have any information on it. What about Crown at Steeplchase? We really like the Hope Mills area. Moving down with hubby but daugter, son in law and grandsons moving down too so we are all looking to be near one another, hopefully same complex. Going to be also checking out Birchfield but Pamalee Enclave is a little above our budget.

Good luck to all. So happy for this board. Most people are very nice and helpful.

Old 07-31-2012, 10:24 AM

20 posts, read 35,177 times
Quote:

Hi there: Not sure if you are still looking since you posted this but we moved into the Astoria and the apartments are gorgeous. Also nice to know we are first to live here. Management is very lovely and really try to help with any problems. Maintenance guy Dennis is very efficient, competent, courteous. The complex is not full at all yet and playground is not complete but they are doing their best and the neighbors seem very nice, friendly. Paying about 930 for a 2 BR, 2 BA. Lots of square feet. Went from 800 sq ft in Maryland with a bath and a half and if I stayed there our rent would have been 1145.OUCH.. Now we have almost 400 ft more. The pool is lovely, water really nice. Gym lovely if you are into it, I have yet to get into it though I keep saying I will. It is a gated community and you are only 15 min at most from Main Street shopping in Hope Mills with a Walmart plus other stores. Also lake trails and playgrounds plus a nice library. In the other direction you are a hop, skip and jump from Fayetteville where all the major chair stores and restaurants are. All in all I would say definitely check it out.

Old 07-31-2012, 03:26 PM

34 posts, read 178,793 times
Hi! I lived in Fayetteville for five years, and I highly recommend the Haymount area. Haymount is just up the hill from downtown, and it has a variety of places for rent: apartments, townhomes, houses. Haymount definitely has a neighborhood feel. Good luck in your search!

Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 PM

2 posts, read 4,210 times
Warning on the Haymount recommendations: Not all areas of Haymount are the same. You can have a nice block settled right next to a terrible one. Be very, very careful when looking in that area. With that being said, I do love some of the nicer areas of Haymount. It is pricier, though, as it is considered the historic district of Fayetteville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina