Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2011, 04:58 AM

700 posts, read 1,646,528 times

Advertisements

Were are the good ones that have that old school feeling. After 30 years of going to the Dixie Classic Fair. Which I do think this year will be my last. I want that reason for have it. To show off hand made crafts, skills and just less of this commercial crap. I have not gone to the Autumn Leaves Festival for a good seven years now for that reason. It has become a commercial fake. Where are the good ones. The local event that shows the pride of the people who make those handmade crafts, wear the clothes of that period because it reflects the pride in the history. Am I the only one??? I drove through Pilot Mountain a few weeks ago. It looked as they were having a car show of some type. Cars parked on Main St. Just showing them off. No this type here, this type there. Local stores with their doors open and people just walking around looking. It just looked like a bunch of car owners said let's do this. I do not even no if they paid an entry fee. Which I think is great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 05:11 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,899,273 times
Mount Olive Pickle Festival
North Carolina Pickle Festival - Mount Olive, NC

Old 10-14-2011, 06:22 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times
Lexington BBQ Festival next week The Barbecue Festival, Lexington NC

Loads of hand craft vendors setup in middle of the street. The stores and restaurants will be open too.
I always recommend going to restaurant especially for the BBQ instead buying it at the festival.

You can also check out North Carolina Festival website it also lists free local vibe festivals throughout the state.
It also updates weekly.
http://www.ncfestivals.com/events/default.asp

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 10-14-2011 at 07:03 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina