Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 01:43 PM

2,543 posts, read 4,893,233 times

Advertisements

I had lived in Fayetteville for 2 1/2 years (1999-2001) when I was stationed in Ft. Bragg, when I was in the Army.

It was a nice town then, had some good clubs and bars, great restuarants, and nice parks. But that was back in 2001, the last time I saw it.

What does it look like now (like the restuarants, clubs/bars, and other recreational activities there)? Did it get bigger, new businesses, or what does it look like now?

If you have pics, please post them. I'd love to see it now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 09:22 PM

1,106 posts, read 3,537,246 times
OMG. If you haven't been there since 2001, you will be amazed. There are lots of new stores and resturants. Same ol mall though.

A lot of development has happened in the outskirts. I notice most of the develop in Hope Mills which has grown tremendously in just the past five years.

I don't think much has changed as far as the night scene though.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:52 AM

2,543 posts, read 4,893,233 times
Oh wow! I hope one day to see it, maybe next year or so, when I move to Florida then. I might stop by to see it. But I bet some of those clubs and bars are closed down now though. Is Kagney's still there? I had worked at a club called Westside Dolls off Yadkin Rd. Is it still there? Probably not now.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:40 AM

1,106 posts, read 3,537,246 times
Like I said the night life hasn't really changed a bit. And I am dead serious. Kagney's is still there, Doll House (although I believe its a different name now). I don't know about Westside Dolls. If the club doesn't exist anymore I wouldn't be surprised if there is a club still there just a different name and owner.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:27 AM

610 posts, read 3,017,592 times
Quote by LinaJo76: "It was a nice town then"...

Fayetteville? A nice town? hahahahaha You must be dreaming or something.

Fayetteville is the absolutely worst place I have ever lived at in my entire life. I was born and raised in that disgusting town.

Fayetteville will always be an undesirable place to live, period. Whenever you have a large transient population (Fort Bragg), you are going to have lots of problems.

Old 09-01-2010, 01:52 PM

512 posts, read 1,637,923 times
I wouldn't say transient population brings a lot of problems. If anything locals don't like the change that a transient population brings. I am pretty familiar with Fayetteville and would echo a previous poster that the night life hasn't changed much, but developments are popping up. Plus people are starting to come back downtown. Fayetteville is what you make it. I don't think it's a bad town. However it isn't exactly my number one city to relocate to. But If I got a job offer there then I wouldn't hesitate to live there either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeha View Post

Fayetteville is the absolutely worst place I have ever lived at in my entire life. I was born and raised in that disgusting town.

Fayetteville will always be an undesirable place to live, period. Whenever you have a large transient population (Fort Bragg), you are going to have lots of problems.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:45 AM

2 posts, read 6,394 times
Yep, many changes. They are really trying to shed the reputation that had developed. Downtown has been revamped and most of what was there is gone now. Many new festivals and family events.

Old 10-13-2014, 02:36 PM

272 posts, read 381,171 times
I am a Raleigh native, I've lived in Durham and I also own property in Fayetteville. I hate the bad rep that Fayetteville gets. Fayetteville is just like any other American city. Yes, they say Fayetteville has a crime problem, there is even statistical proof of high crime in Fayetteville, but it is only restricted to certain areas. I go out daily, and you would never know that there was a crime problem. Fayetteville also has many lovely areas. Fayetteville is a lovely city, they just need to clean up those troubled areas.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:27 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,195,079 times
I really like Fayetteville. I've lived here previously for a few months and now we are back. I'm hoping that we are able to stay here for awhile.

This town has almost EVERYTHING that you need without being a big city. I'm a huge metro area, and to me, this is great. Family and friends who have come here to visit also are amazed at how much the town has without being part of a metro area.

The downtown Fayetteville area is quaint and nice. There are a number of very nice areas to live. Imho, the rough areas are very easy to avoid, so it's not a concern for me. Oh and talk about a place with great places to eat. Because of the military, there are so many different types of cuisine. If you are into fitness, Ft. Bragg has awesome running trails, and there are great gyms and fitness activities all over.

Downsides...of course, any place has them. The job market is not great, and apparently neither are the public schools overall (speaking about off-post). Private school will likely be the way to go for us.

But all in all, I love this little town...

Old 10-14-2014, 05:38 PM

401 posts, read 657,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heeha View Post

Fayetteville is awesome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina