Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 08:57 AM

27,497 posts, read 27,521,349 times

Advertisements

I think someone said facebook hacks into your address book and finds your friends for you, but not sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 03:35 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,850,192 times
You can ask it to do that, sure. Or it will do that and then you have to approve. Either way, the choice is ultimately in your hands.

Like I said in my first post--on MySpace, I just added anyone. On Facebook, it's almost exclusively people I know. Except for the guy who shares my name...he's a TKramar too. I added him on the weirdness factor.

Old 03-14-2010, 05:36 PM

27,200 posts, read 46,850,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Marnix View Post
First, Create multiple email alias accounts, around 10 at most.

Next, Create Facebook accounts for each "persona" or friends you want to associate with that account such as:

1. Family: spouse, kids, siblings, parents, cousins, etc.

2. Work: work related peers, professional contacts and interest groups.

Peer Groups: These peer groups differ from various stages of life.

3. Friends & Family. These are adult people you are not embarrassed to be associated with that you don't mind their philosophies shared with your Family.

4. Friends & Acquaintances. These are people you know, or Friends of Friends. You have this account to share with them, but you don't post anything private that you don't want to share.

5. Social Networking. These people are random and unknown to you. They can be of the same interests of your hobbies, or those countless FB games.

6. Discreet Friends. These people contact you in your secret email account.
Wait--who am I supposed to be again??

That's why I often don't even come up with a witty username, and just use my real name. I am who I am, people can like it or not.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:22 PM

37,858 posts, read 46,507,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 115db View Post
I think someone said facebook hacks into your address book and finds your friends for you, but not sure.
FB doesn't hack anything. However, hackers love FB since there are so many users that are not computer-savvy, and it's easy to have them spread application-specific malware unintentionally to their FB "friends". Arm yourself with knowledge and you'll be fine.

Tons of info on this out there. Google it.

Facebook Users Hit With Malware through Spoofed Email Messages Again :: Spyware Removal Info

Old 03-14-2010, 10:27 PM

14,413 posts, read 22,618,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySoul22 View Post
Do you want 1000 'friends' with access to your stuff or a few friends?
Seems like so many people are F/B whores who just like to 'show off' how many friends they have...

I know. I have one friend that went from 40 friends to 120 in 3 days! I asked her about it and she said it was so embarrassing to only have 40 friends so she just started to add people randomly.??
I have 126 friends myself. But I know all of them. Extended family and many coworkers and off course my good friends and old school buddies I used to hang out with when I lived in my home country.
I love it. My dad is 67 and he has Facebook. He use it to post pictures he has taken. It is fun but I only use it to keep contact with people and play games when I get a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships