Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 02:01 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,121 times

Advertisements

I had an ugly argument with my friend who is also my next-door neighboor, and now I need advice on how to handle this. Here's what happened: I share a car right now, if I need it then I take it, however yest. I didn't take it because I thought I didn't need it so my family member took it to work. Problem started because I had a medical emergecy, I have a few serious health issues for which I take strong medication and I was told my Dr. had an emergency and I needed to get to my apt. right away instead of my norm. apt. on Friday. I called my insurance comp. but they were no help, I called a cab but it was very expensive & they couldn't get me there in a reasonable time. Because going into a 4 day weekend w/ no medication was unacceptable & dangerous, I asked my elderly neighboor accross the street if I could borrow his car, so I did. I didn't have their phone number so when the apt. started to run late, I had my Mom, now home from work, go explain that everything was ok & if they needed a ride or help since I had the car, she would help them. Well my apt. ended up taking 4 hrs! I was so embarassed but it was out of my control. Here's where the problem occured: I returned their car & they were ok once I explained what happened, however my friend/next-door neigh. who is NOT related to the elderly coupled from whom I borrowed said car, was extremely angry w/me. He screamed at me, refused to allow me to explain what happened, called me an irresponsible beetch for "leaving old ppl w/ no car". I was so hurt & angry that I told him I was glad he was perfect and then went in the house in tears. I don't know what I could have done differently, my apt. was an emergency, I WAS NOT fooling around with these ppl's car, I left several updates explaining what was going on, and my Mom offered them her car. I don't feel he had the right to castigate me. I can't believe he would think I'm the type of person who would hijack an elderly couples car, joyride(in a Saturn,lol), never call them, & leave them stranded. Help!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 02:09 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
What does he care? And why are you letting him control your actions? He doesn't sound like much of a friend to me. Let him go.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:53 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,465,757 times
Tell your 'friend' that you are currently taking meds to control your super violent reactions and that the next time he yells at you like that he is going to really regret it.

OR

Tell him to 'F' off and forget about it.

Old 09-25-2009, 03:09 AM

109 posts, read 298,856 times
ABSOLUTELY no need to even listen to what this third party has to say, especially if its negative and he is in no position to talk to you like that. Stop thinking that everyone should agree with your actions (you'll never get there, no matter who you are and what you do) and stick to doing the right thing by your standards.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:00 AM

1,275 posts, read 3,414,121 times
I know you all are right. This was none of this man's business, he's not related to them. The only thing I can think of is the ederly man may have gone over to my "friend's" house to complain, he is a notorious complainer and I would have NEVER borrowed that car except for the fact I would have had to go to the hospital otherwise. I'm just so hurt & angry as I have always gone out of my way to listen to(he just got divorced) and help him. I always call him before I run errands to see if he needs anything and got up at 7:00am to go talk to my mechanic about fixing his truck. Does this sound like the actions of a "rude, self-centerd, irresponsible beetch"? He actually sat outside his house waiting for me to come home w/ their car & then continued to sit outside waiting while I talked for 40 min. to the couple. It's like being accused of something you didn't do. I'm so hurt and angry that he would think so negatively about me and not even allow me to explain what happened. Btw, both my Mom & I have taken pay cuts to take the day off from work so we could drive this elderly couple to Dr. apts & other medical proceedures, it's not like I've never done anything for them & then just took their car. What gives my "friend", a Christian who takes the Bible literally, the right to judge me? I was going to write a letter explaining what happened. Should I bother?

Old 09-25-2009, 04:11 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
You don't owe him an explanation.
It ain't none of his damned business.
And you should tell him that.

Old 09-25-2009, 04:23 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,582,359 times
I feel sorry that he is doing this to you. If he were my "friend", he no longer would be until he explained himself or apologized. And that 3rd to last sentence made me say to myself, "figures".

As far as the letter, I'd probably wait a while. See how he acts. If he is still a jerk, then I'd explain what happened again, and tell him you are writing him off.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:30 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,773,094 times
Well if what you're telling us is all there is to the story, then it sounds like this neighbor of yours is no "friend", and you need to cut him out of your life. If he's such a bible thumper, tell him to go read his bible and pick out a few chapters for him...Matthew 7:1, Luke 6:37, Galatians 6:1, and the most applicable in his case Matthew 7:15. I'm not a religious person, but I know how to shut down someone who is waiving a bible with one hand and wagging his finger at me with the other. Me personally I would have told him to go f*** himself and get back in the house.

Old 09-25-2009, 06:42 AM

240 posts, read 437,144 times
Default Whew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilred0005 View Post
I had an ugly argument with my friend who is also my next-door neighboor, and now I need advice on how to handle this. Here's what happened: I share a car right now, if I need it then I take it, however yest. I didn't take it because I thought I didn't need it so my family member took it to work. Problem started because I had a medical emergecy, I have a few serious health issues for which I take strong medication and I was told my Dr. had an emergency and I needed to get to my apt. right away instead of my norm. apt. on Friday. I called my insurance comp. but they were no help, I called a cab but it was very expensive & they couldn't get me there in a reasonable time. Because going into a 4 day weekend w/ no medication was unacceptable & dangerous, I asked my elderly neighboor accross the street if I could borrow his car, so I did. I didn't have their phone number so when the apt. started to run late, I had my Mom, now home from work, go explain that everything was ok & if they needed a ride or help since I had the car, she would help them. Well my apt. ended up taking 4 hrs! I was so embarassed but it was out of my control. Here's where the problem occured: I returned their car & they were ok once I explained what happened, however my friend/next-door neigh. who is NOT related to the elderly coupled from whom I borrowed said car, was extremely angry w/me. He screamed at me, refused to allow me to explain what happened, called me an irresponsible beetch for "leaving old ppl w/ no car". I was so hurt & angry that I told him I was glad he was perfect and then went in the house in tears. I don't know what I could have done differently, my apt. was an emergency, I WAS NOT fooling around with these ppl's car, I left several updates explaining what was going on, and my Mom offered them her car. I don't feel he had the right to castigate me. I can't believe he would think I'm the type of person who would hijack an elderly couples car, joyride(in a Saturn,lol), never call them, & leave them stranded. Help!!!

It was none of his buisness and you have no reason to cry over what he said as long as the neighbor you borrowed the car from is ok then thats all that matter.Try to keep not to let yourself get too low on your medication,and if you let someone borrow your car make sure that you can reach them for emergency

Old 09-25-2009, 06:46 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Next time you want a ride, give me a call

I also have past experiences in beating up "abusive" men from other houses. And I was only in my teens
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships