Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 11:08 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,336,019 times

Advertisements

aww thanks UrbanBlasphemy, that was very sweet of you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 11:15 AM

moddestmike, you're not the only man I know who goes through that being called gay thing....it's sad how people get thrown into a drawer and labeled by people who don't even know them. Taking it in stride is the only thing you really can do. It doesn't seem to help to explain and why should you?

Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 AM

985 posts, read 2,602,819 times
People generally think I'm a total b**** and I know I'm a total b****. No wrong impressions here lol.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,658,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I don't think people ever really get a first impression of me because they're so fascinated by my height. It kind of trumps everything else.
Me too!

Of course,I'm only 6'1 so I don't think I'm that tall... but unfortunately that also puts my 36F boobs in many peoples faces...

Between that and my tattoos (full sleeve and half sleeve) I'm one scary tall *****

Old 08-03-2009, 11:20 AM

Jetjocky, and then you live in elfin forest, bet that is scary LOL, for the elves

Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieZ View Post
Jetjocky, and then you live in elfin forest, bet that is scary LOL, for the elves

I know
It's actually a nature preserve that butts up to my backyard that's filled with pygmy oak trees and manzanitas. It's a pretty cool place.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:31 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,414,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Me too!

Of course,I'm only 6'1 so I don't think I'm that tall... but unfortunately that also puts my 36F boobs in many peoples faces...

Between that and my tattoos (full sleeve and half sleeve) I'm one scary tall *****
We can commiserate together!!! I'm 6'1" with big boobies too! (I wear 4" heels, so I know it only amplifies my situation, but I find thin, high heels flattering to my figure. Flats don't make me look any shorter, they just make me look frumpy. )

My husband and I have been together 10 years and he still can't over how people just come up to me and blurt out "How tall are you?!" LOL We were at a wedding Saturday night and when we were seated at our table, one of the other guests (female) immediately stated & questioned "I kept noticing you all night...how tall are you?!" The sad part is I was talking with another female guest who was seated alongside of me and we were discussing online dating so I stated "you look tall, so I'm sure you get some interesting responses to your profile" (based on my own personal experiences in the past) and she stated "I'm only 5'9"." If I think she looks tall at 5'9", I can only imagine how people view me when I'm standing 6'5" in my heels.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
We can commiserate together!!! I'm 6'1" with big boobies too! (I wear 4" heels, so I know it only amplifies my situation, but I find thin, high heels flattering to my figure. Flats don't make me look any shorter, they just make me look frumpy. )

My husband and I have been together 10 years and he still can't over how people just come up to me and blurt out "How tall are you?!" LOL We were at a wedding Saturday night and when we were seated at our table, one of the other guests (female) immediately stated & questioned "I kept noticing you all night...how tall are you?!" The sad part is I was talking with another female guest who was seated alongside of me and we were discussing online dating so I stated "you look tall, so I'm sure you get some interesting responses to your profile" (based on my own personal experiences in the past) and she stated "I'm only 5'9"." If I think she looks tall at 5'9", I can only imagine how people view me when I'm standing 6'5" in my heels.

Power to the tall *******!

I used to do pinup modeling and wore some pretty awesome heels Not so much anymore because I work in an airline hangar and there can be oils and whatnot lying around, much easier to slip and it's a loooong way down for me.

I hit 6' when I was 14 and I'm STILL sick and tired of being asked if I play basketball!! I've been told on several ocassions that it must be impossible to date because guys like small chicks, but luckily my fiancee doesn't care. I never really notice how tall I am until I see pictures of myself... most of my family/friends are over 6'2 so it's pretty normal for me.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:21 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,414,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Power to the tall *******!

I used to do pinup modeling and wore some pretty awesome heels Not so much anymore because I work in an airline hangar and there can be oils and whatnot lying around, much easier to slip and it's a loooong way down for me.

I hit 6' when I was 14 and I'm STILL sick and tired of being asked if I play basketball!! I've been told on several ocassions that it must be impossible to date because guys like small chicks, but luckily my fiancee doesn't care. I never really notice how tall I am until I see pictures of myself... most of my family/friends are over 6'2 so it's pretty normal for me.
Same here in every aspect. I'm average in my world. Like you, my family is pretty tall except for my sis who's not short at 5'7", but she's definitely considered "little" in my family.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:50 PM

11,169 posts, read 10,659,244 times
Offline: Extroverted, yet, initially, a "friendly-distant," some may take that as slight-snobbery or as being conservative - I am paying attention and getting a feel for you/sizing you up - determining whether I care for you or wish to avoid you. Being that I am judgmental by nature, 'one of the Virgo-sorts that your Mama warned you about' *snicker* - this is a process I have mastered quickly within the first 90 seconds of meeting.

Online - see above, except. . . sometimes it takes me longer than 90 seconds to determine if I care for you or not (some get immediate wanker write-offs), but does not exceed 90 posts.

As for the general impression people gather. . *shrugs* - do not know, really couldn't care less. God loves me. My son loves me - and I love me. All that matters.

I y'am who I y'am.

Ye-up. So there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships