Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 09:23 AM

43,335 posts, read 18,453,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redflag71 View Post
I hired a personal trainer to come to my house 2X per week for 1 hour per day.
I prepaid $600.00 cash for 10 1 hour sessions. I received $10.00 off per session for buying 10.
Every time he shows up, he has been shorting me the full hour by at least 15 minutes, sometimes 20.

I have 2 sessions remaining. I have not mentioned it to him because I am nonconfrontational.
I have had 2 other personal trainers 1 in 2019 and 1 in 2021 and they have both always worked me the full hour.

I also loaned him 1 of my 3 cars. I felt bad for him. He has a newborn and said he got hit by an uninsured driver. He has insurance and is in the process of getting the vehicle replaced. Waiting for the insurance money. Last week, I told him that I will need my car back for a business trip this week. He said no problem. Today, I mentioned it and no response from him.

It will be interesting to see what happens. The car has a SWAT alarm. I can track its location online.

He also lied to me about being a homeowner.

Anyways, just sharing my frustration with yet another individual who is being a jerk.

Off to hug my cat
And you let it happen because you are "non confrontational".
If you don't change situations like this will continue in your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2022, 12:57 PM

1,529 posts, read 1,191,481 times
Quote:
I did not notice until he was gone, but you are right. I just do not want any kind of confrontation.
It would change the energy of the work outs and I only have 2 paid sessions left.
Change the energy of the workouts how? He is not your friend, he is a trainer. You are paying him for a service and he should provide the service. I won't get into the car debacle.

Quote:
Human Behavior is a TRIP!
Indeed.

Old 03-16-2022, 06:28 PM

798 posts, read 505,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
And you let it happen because you are "non confrontational".
If you don't change situations like this will continue in your life.
You are right! I just feel bad for people sometimes...

Old 03-17-2022, 12:07 AM

30,585 posts, read 25,239,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
OP, for the sake of a few dollars you are chiseling yourself into a potential law suit. You're more concerned about getting your money's worth out of the last two sessions and 15 minutes here and 20 minutes there than you are about the value of your car and the liability and legal risks to yourself for allowing a scammer to take your car.

You don't even know this guy, he's virtually a stranger, and you just handed over your car because of his sad sob story without even getting proof that his story was true.

If he has caused any legal problems or accidents through the use of your car YOU personally are the one who will be held legally and financially responsible for it because you willingly handed your car over to a stranger.

Give your head a shake and take that uber ride to wherever your car is right now and take your car back right away. And take somebody else with you for backup when you go to him to get your other key back to the car. You better hope to god your car hasn't been seriously damaged let alone used for illegal purposes.

This.

Old 03-17-2022, 12:15 AM

598 posts, read 328,676 times
The ones that hate conflict are capitalized upon. It may be uncomfortable to be the “ mean†person, but at some point you need to be firm and ignore the poor me justifications.

Last edited by Ghobi; 03-17-2022 at 12:26 AM..

Old 03-17-2022, 08:14 AM

639 posts, read 405,075 times
Well....did you get your car back yet?

Old 03-17-2022, 08:50 AM

23,901 posts, read 33,669,409 times
My question is are you sure you were supposed to have hour long sessions? If so, you really should say something that he owes you this many hours for leaving 15 minutes early and you expect to see him on such and such a date unless your "relationship" tanks because of the car.

So what he has a new baby, was using his wifes car? She can sit home without a car for how ever long he is doing sessions. I can't believe you let him use it for a month.

I can't understand why he didn't get a rental car from his insurance. Every insurance I and my son have had has given one.

I'm not sure how much of his story I believe because if an uninsured driver did hit him, his own insurance kicks in, it is why we have our own insurance.

On another note, you better watch something doesn't happen with your car because you could get personally sued.

I hit some chick speeding last year. Of course I got blamed for it even though she was speeding because I hit the read of her car. She was going so fast that she couldn't stop. It was a parking lot. I hit her from a full stop. She was fine, didn't want an ambulance until the township sent one anyway. Now she is personally suing me for $2,600 for her medical bills and supposed damage to her beater old Honda that has many other crashes on it. My insurance is dealing with it lol

Something happens with your car, Mr workout can turn around and personally sue you.

You really should be careful lending someone you don't know your personal property because it can bite you in the end.

Old 03-17-2022, 01:29 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,112,420 times
Quote:
You are right! I just feel bad for people sometimes...
So did you get your car back? Or are you still feeling bad for the guy and never followed through?

Old 03-17-2022, 01:37 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,976,332 times
To be blunt the biggest jerk in this story is you.
Quote:
Anyways, just sharing my frustration with yet another individual who is being a jerk.

Off to hug my cat

Old 03-17-2022, 02:10 PM

10,121 posts, read 6,475,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
My question is are you sure you were supposed to have hour long sessions? If so, you really should say something that he owes you this many hours for leaving 15 minutes early and you expect to see him on such and such a date unless your "relationship" tanks because of the car.

So what he has a new baby, was using his wifes car? She can sit home without a car for how ever long he is doing sessions. I can't believe you let him use it for a month.

I can't understand why he didn't get a rental car from his insurance. Every insurance I and my son have had has given one.

I'm not sure how much of his story I believe because if an uninsured driver did hit him, his own insurance kicks in, it is why we have our own insurance.

On another note, you better watch something doesn't happen with your car because you could get personally sued.

I hit some chick speeding last year. Of course I got blamed for it even though she was speeding because I hit the read of her car. She was going so fast that she couldn't stop. It was a parking lot. I hit her from a full stop. She was fine, didn't want an ambulance until the township sent one anyway. Now she is personally suing me for $2,600 for her medical bills and supposed damage to her beater old Honda that has many other crashes on it. My insurance is dealing with it lol

Something happens with your car, Mr workout can turn around and personally sue you.

You really should be careful lending someone you don't know your personal property because it can bite you in the end.
I'm trying to figure out how you could rear end someone from a full stop while they were speeding in a parking lot. The logistics baffle me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships