Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2021, 06:19 PM

18 posts, read 16,210 times

Advertisements

I was wondering what some the reasons why a man would hate the mother of his child soo much that he talks about harming her if she shows up to his house? My ex friend was the guy who told me that he would harm his childs mother if she came to his door. Basically his "truths" are that she put him through hell and put him behind bars several times, and that his 6 year old child has always been "well taken care of" so in his eyes there was no need to put him on child support, and it's her fault that since he is the government took a large portion of his wages ($3,000.00) recently..Basically everything is her fault and not because mainly/some of his actions. He paints her out as some psycho who's always messing up his life and that the courts are biased against him because he's a man. They were dating for 5 years had a child, broke up about 3 years ago. According to him it was about 2 years before he even was able to really spent time with his child because of her. He may be right about her , but I doubt she is at all or to the extent as he describes. I honestly think hes petty towards her because hes still in love with her and wants her to suffer for moving on. I feel that When he has their child on his bi weekly visits, he purposely doesn't answer any of her calls about her child, or purposely misses the drop off time so she shows up at his place to get her child. Also he made this big thing about how he found out that she had a boyfriend now and didn't tell him, and now the new guy is around their child and that his child may be being abused (could be true but I think that hes saying things because hes hurt also I think hes pumping his child for information about her mother) he claims that hes trying to get custody of his child and will leave the country( hes from the west indies) with her in doing so and will never speak with the mother again). Personally I think he was very angry, petty, hostile abusive and very controlling (still is) towards the childs mother and omits that from what hes told me. I mean hes cursed out a judge when he was in court recently. We aren't friends anymore, thank God because he seems unstable and unhinged (although he wasn't anything but nice to me). What do you think happened? Could he be possibly telling the truth about everything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 10:16 PM

731 posts, read 1,671,776 times
It doesn't matter at this point. It's an ex friend - if you decided to end the friendship, you made the right decision. If he decided to end the friendship, he did you a favor.

Look forward, not back

Old 05-17-2021, 01:02 AM

14,733 posts, read 15,325,457 times
Is he lying, what do you think?

I think it doesn't matter.

There are tens of thousands of stories exactly like his and every participant in each story has their own side of the story. Wondering about who is lying or imagining things and who isn't will drive you crazy.

He isn't your friend anymore so you should just let it go and stop wondering about him. His problems have got nothing to do with you and you're better off without him involving you or dumping on you about his problems (lies or not) so forget about him now, get on with your own life and just mind your own business.

PS - use paragraphs in your posts, they are your friends.

Last edited by Zoisite; 05-17-2021 at 01:14 AM..

Old 05-17-2021, 04:02 AM

3,057 posts, read 2,965,877 times
Well, the thing is you are never going to be able to know; it's a "he said, she said" thing. You don't have any evidence. It may matter, it may not (I think it doesn't) but in the end you're never (most likely) going to find out.

I've heard of several instances of this (true crime stories) and yes some people can be evil enough to kill the other parent of their child (some kill their children, some kill their parents). It happens; this is truly a messed-up world. Some people do not have a conscience. Your story about this guy sounds just like some of the other ones I've heard where the other person who is trying to distance themselves from the bad relationship ends up murdered. It may happen here. It is a good thing you ended the relationship with this guy. He is no good.

Old 05-17-2021, 04:25 AM

11,384 posts, read 19,832,542 times
Can't read that post. Solid blocks of text are impossible.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:27 AM

32,817 posts, read 48,761,418 times
He's unstable, vindictive, and unhinged. A good person to stay well away from.

I feel sorry for the kid, but nothing that either you or I can do about it.

It probably would not be a good idea for you to start dating this woman. Stay away from the entire bunch of them.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:32 AM

3,034 posts, read 2,288,812 times
Sounds like lying is the least of his issues.

Old 05-17-2021, 09:50 AM

14,232 posts, read 8,339,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztyu123 View Post
I was wondering what some the reasons why a man would hate the mother of his child soo much that he talks about harming her if she shows up to his house? My ex friend was the guy who told me that he would harm his childs mother if she came to his door. Basically his "truths" are that she put him through hell and put him behind bars several times, and that his 6 year old child has always been "well taken care of" so in his eyes there was no need to put him on child support, and it's her fault that since he is the government took a large portion of his wages ($3,000.00) recently..Basically everything is her fault and not because mainly/some of his actions. He paints her out as some psycho who's always messing up his life and that the courts are biased against him because he's a man. They were dating for 5 years had a child, broke up about 3 years ago. According to him it was about 2 years before he even was able to really spent time with his child because of her. He may be right about her , but I doubt she is at all or to the extent as he describes. I honestly think hes petty towards her because hes still in love with her and wants her to suffer for moving on. I feel that When he has their child on his bi weekly visits, he purposely doesn't answer any of her calls about her child, or purposely misses the drop off time so she shows up at his place to get her child. Also he made this big thing about how he found out that she had a boyfriend now and didn't tell him, and now the new guy is around their child and that his child may be being abused (could be true but I think that hes saying things because hes hurt also I think hes pumping his child for information about her mother) he claims that hes trying to get custody of his child and will leave the country( hes from the west indies) with her in doing so and will never speak with the mother again). Personally I think he was very angry, petty, hostile abusive and very controlling (still is) towards the childs mother and omits that from what hes told me. I mean hes cursed out a judge when he was in court recently. We aren't friends anymore, thank God because he seems unstable and unhinged (although he wasn't anything but nice to me). What do you think happened? Could he be possibly telling the truth about everything?

Way too much drama. You're never going to hear the end of this.

Stay away. Don't let yourself get sucked into his never-ending drama. Yes, initially it can be fun over time it becomes too draining

Last edited by john3232; 05-17-2021 at 10:11 AM..

Old 05-17-2021, 11:24 AM

761 posts, read 461,087 times
Yes of course he is. Avoid, stay away, don't look back.

Old 05-17-2021, 11:41 AM

6,495 posts, read 7,880,989 times
There are three sides to every story. I'd bet the guy and his x arte both vindictive and toxic idiots. Poor kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships