Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 11:38 AM

2,687 posts, read 7,409,755 times

Advertisements

I would prefer they not tell me because the two words that would probably come out of my mouth
would not be very pc.
Koale
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 10:19 AM

8,170 posts, read 6,035,273 times
I try to like everyone. Sure some people annoy me but I try my best to treat them the same as I would the people I like very well.

I find that lots of people do not like me. I would rather they tell me, with an explanation of why, so that I could possibly do some soul searching, but also so I will stop trying to be likable. No use in going through extra hoops for those that already decided they dislike me. It is much easier being myself. ;-)

Old 05-03-2017, 02:47 AM
Status: "Before saving for a rainy evening, see your xenial lawyer!" (set 1 hour ago)

19,671 posts, read 651,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsRick24 View Post
Would you rather have someone actually tell you they didn't like you, or would you prefer them not tell you but convey it in their demeanor?
I'd rather have someone convey it subtly in his/her demeanor; I'll wonder why I'm not liked, but I'll not worry about it too much.

Old 05-05-2017, 09:07 PM

37 posts, read 51,267 times
I'd rather someone say it, then I could ask why. I'm not a game player and I appreciate honesty.
I actually know someone who was told by a coworker that she hated him. He suggested they could get together to see if he could take a little bit of the hate out of her heart. End of story, they became friends over time.

Old 05-08-2017, 08:59 AM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
Hm. IDK. I don't think anyone's ever said that to me. Mad at me, sure. But not 'I don't like you'. That's hard to imagine. We all have been able to tell by demeanor/responses to us.

I know the GM at the eye clinic doesn't like me. I tested her the other day to confirm. I said oh, hi ______! What do you think about these glasses? Are they dreadful or are they cute?

She shook her head like 'don't talk to me' and said 'sure, they look great'. lol!

I know why she doesn't like me and I don't care. The feeling is mutual.
I am confused. if the feeling is mutual and she does not like you, why bother testing it? what does that do for you. I am really curious.
If I sens someone does not like me, I never, ever, bother with them again.

Old 05-08-2017, 09:00 AM

15,964 posts, read 7,027,888 times
Quote:
I think I'm a good reader of people and can tell if someone doesn't like or approve of me.
And that's fine. I'm not looking to win any popularity contests. You don't like me, it's your problem, not mine - I know my worth and what I bring to the table.
Anyway, in my 50+ years, I've had maybe two people tell me to my face, "I don't like you." But I've had a score of others who I can tell also didn't like me; their facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc. were dead giveaways.

Would you rather have someone actually tell you they didn't like you, or would you prefer them not tell you but convey it in their demeanor?
You never wonder why so many people do not like you?

Old 05-08-2017, 09:25 AM

3,426 posts, read 3,344,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
You never wonder why so many people do not like you?
Usually it's for stupid reasons. As I've said, I don't care.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:41 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,707,699 times
I think the type of person who goes around disliking lots of people is probably fairly miserable anyway.

Also, a narcissist believes that everyone should want to be liked by him/her. And if they aren't liked, they should be losing sleep over it. But the fact is, many people don't care if someone does not like them. They sleep just fine at night, with no negative feelings, and they have other friends to turn to.

Old 05-08-2017, 06:21 PM

1,517 posts, read 1,666,000 times
I could care less. People who consciously decide to not like someone else, are on my low-priority list.

Old 05-09-2017, 10:45 AM

50,783 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
I think I'm a good reader of people and can tell if someone doesn't like or approve of me.
And that's fine. I'm not looking to win any popularity contests. You don't like me, it's your problem, not mine - I know my worth and what I bring to the table.
Anyway, in my 50+ years, I've had maybe two people tell me to my face, "I don't like you." But I've had a score of others who I can tell also didn't like me; their facial expressions, body language, tone of voice, etc. were dead giveaways.

Why on earth would anyone announce such a thing? There is no reason to share with someone you don't like them unless you're dating them. I wouldn't just tell someone out of the blue I didn't like them.

You may be mistaken, too. It may also be that they are annoyed by something you are doing or saying in that moment, but it has no bearing on whether they like you as a person or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships