Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 12:49 PM

4,721 posts, read 5,340,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheryjohns View Post
Let me make sure I understand:

Mom has had a fatal stroke, so I am assuming she is a zombie.

Her son has fallen in love with a girl that he just met at a party but hasn't even gone out with her yet.

He's afraid to tell his mom because she will have another stroke, even though she is a zombie. Yet, she already knows.

The biggest problem I see is that zombies need to eat brains - and they seem to be in short supply there.
Very good, and yes there seems to be a marked lack of brains wherever the OP lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2015, 12:51 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,365,009 times
Quote:

Her son has fallen in love with a girl that he just met at a party but hasn't even gone out with her yet.

He's afraid to tell his mom because she will have another stroke, even though she is a zombie. Yet, she already knows.

The biggest problem I see is that zombies need to eat brains - and they seem to be in short supply there.

I love your post!

Old 12-22-2015, 12:56 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,109,895 times
OP may as well go ahead and lay out his tastefully subdued grey suit and black overcoat, since this will be a winter funeral.

He may be able to get a discount from the florist by ordering this far ahead.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:00 PM

48,723 posts, read 35,371,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodmockingbird View Post
OP may as well go ahead and lay out his tastefully subdued grey suit and black overcoat, since this will be a winter funeral.

He may be able to get a discount from the florist by ordering this far ahead.
Further discount by adding a bouquet for the GF.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-22-2015, 01:04 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,403,353 times
He wants to date her after speaking to her at a party - so sounds like they haven't even been on a date yet, and he's in love with her?? Mama isn't the only dramatic one in the family! If he wants his mother to control every choice he makes as an adult and blackmail him into making only the choices she wants by threatening to die, then absolutely, he should do what mom wants.

On the other hand, since he thinks he's in love with someone he's barely talked to, he's probably not mature enough to make his own decisions anyway....

Old 12-22-2015, 01:47 PM

37,859 posts, read 46,507,176 times
Remember school is out, folks.

Old 12-22-2015, 02:40 PM

22,874 posts, read 48,221,624 times
Quote:

Great summation!

Old 12-22-2015, 03:09 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,540,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Remember school is out, folks.
So we can look forward to about a months worth of really great threads? Cool!

Old 12-22-2015, 04:42 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,757,375 times
This is hilarious!!! The OP doesn't know if he's coming or going and has as many holes as a good Swiss Cheese. You want advice: Mind your business! If the the mother is yours, mommy has health issues and whoever you date won't kill her......especially since she's already had a fatal stroke.....there's no coming back from that one! Well, unless she's a zombie.

Old 12-22-2015, 04:50 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,579,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv my dayton View Post
Think the guy told his mother he ran into this girl at dance or party. He hasn't yet told her about wanting to date her. Have no idea what age were talking here but he needs to decide for himself. Hopefully this isn't the mom controls kids with her illnesses scenario we hear about.
Does not appear to be an issue overall since Mom has already had one *fatal* stroke, yet she is alive enough to tell the story...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships