Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 02:10 PM

844 posts, read 1,071,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse View Post
I just turn and walk away.
I'm too polite to do that. I usually try changing the topic, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2015, 02:13 PM
bg7

7,694 posts, read 10,628,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztecgoddess View Post
I'm too polite to do that. I usually try changing the topic, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
You know - it could be your appearance. Normally with guys the default convo is sports, not sex. On the other hand a lot of guys talking to you might stray into the latter territory.

Old 12-16-2015, 05:36 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,744,531 times
What kind of people do you hang out with who just talk about sex? Are you 15? Adults don't typically do that....maybe a group of 20 year old guys hanging out together will, but it's not like they're talking like that to everyone.

Old 12-16-2015, 06:15 PM

2,081 posts, read 5,626,688 times
The ones who talk about it the most do it the least.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:07 PM

6,625 posts, read 6,606,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leilaniguy View Post
The ones who talk about it the most do it the least.
Nope, not necessarily. We have close friend that are great in every way, but when we are camping or spending a few days away together, it is always insinuated by the wife in a round about way that they just "did" it. They aren't liars, I guess they just like to announce it and are proud? of the fact.

Like we care? Like we need to hear it?

It makes us and mutual friends very uncomfortable. We just don't want to hear it. No one has told her we don't, but a couple of us have discussed it.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:41 PM

2,455 posts, read 1,583,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I find those who speak frequently of sex are those who aren't having it.
I could not agree more with this statement.

Old 12-16-2015, 08:53 PM

3,432 posts, read 3,381,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWGirl74 View Post
I find those who speak frequently of sex are those who aren't having it.
This. I knew a guy (ex-friend) who wanted to brag about "who's getting poontang". Funny how I never saw him with a woman.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:55 PM

15,290 posts, read 17,815,684 times
Quote:
I get to speak with plenty of folks, I really enjoy talking about pretty much any topic, since there's always something I can learn from others. Something I've noticed is that people whom speak about sex the more often, are those who don't have any other type of -interesting- conversation. The less interesting of them always resort to sex as a topic when they fail to engage in real/fulfilling conversations.

Am I the only one who has this views?
The guys are just trying to get into your pants. Men know that the easiest way to have sex with a woman is to get her to talk about it.

Old 12-17-2015, 01:10 AM

12,870 posts, read 15,202,230 times
Since you bring up this topic, I personally don't know anyone like this, but my SO's (significant other's) male cousin once told him, "My hobby is f-ing." My SO doesn't care for this particular cousin. The guy had 4 kids at a very young age with a woman who cheated on him with a woman, he's smug, etc. & now on his 3rd marriage & is only in his 40s still. He's just not a good character, high class person at all, but I'm sure he thinks he is.

So I can imagine that those types of people who only bring up the topic of sex definitely & obviously have zero substance, are probably crass idiots who think all the people of the opposite sex want them OR they may be the type who's never had sex so they're obsessed with it.

Old 12-17-2015, 04:54 AM

6,416 posts, read 6,346,729 times
Quote:
I get to speak with plenty of folks, I really enjoy talking about pretty much any topic, since there's always something I can learn from others. Something I've noticed is that people whom speak about sex the more often, are those who don't have any other type of -interesting- conversation. The less interesting of them always resort to sex as a topic when they fail to engage in real/fulfilling conversations.

Am I the only one who has this views?
No, i like to talk about sex or almost anything else someone wants to talk about. Except Star Wars and on-line strategy video games.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships