Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 08:45 PM

7,709 posts, read 5,501,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I don't get angry.

I get even.
So glad you live in North Beach, MD instead of North Beach, San Francisco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 09:27 PM

23,330 posts, read 29,208,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
I always think "Tick, tick, tick..." One of these days they're gonna blow.
I had a roommate, and the most God-awful things would happen to him, and, rather than getting angry, he'd sing and smile! How spooky!!!

Then, one day, taking a shower, I heard this "explosion" in the kitchen. Apparently some straw had broken the camel's back! He had taken a nice spindly rocking chair from the living room, and with all his might, it went crashing to the kitchen floors, spindles flying everywhere, rocking chair completely destroyed! And? He never said a word about it, or what triggered it, and cleaned up the mess, smiling and singing!

About once a year, with this man, some big explosion! I refer to these people as dam-builders!

Old 07-16-2015, 06:11 AM

4,749 posts, read 4,336,539 times
I keep my anger under control. I allow myself to get angry to certain degree but I don't let it last for too long.

Old 07-16-2015, 06:27 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,569,031 times
When I get angry, which is not a daily or weekly thing, I let it out, loudly, but even then I remind myself never to say something to anyone I will have to apologize for.

My anger only comes onto me at home and usually involves dear old hubby.
Boy he knows just how to push my buttons. Makes me start to "perk" just saying that

Old 07-16-2015, 07:33 AM

22,720 posts, read 47,943,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeh63 View Post
I have a hard time understanding people who say they don't get angry. I figure they're either lying or they just don't care about anything - as in, no passion.
Passion is very very different than anger.
I am passionate about many people, places and causes.
But I very rarely get angry. Like I said before, anger is a waste of my time.

Old 07-16-2015, 09:08 AM

23,330 posts, read 29,208,245 times
Ironically, my anger revolves around little things, and I mean things literally, like having a tough time opening up a bag of potato chips, unsuccessfully opening up a jar of jam, dropping a fork or spoon on the floor, going to the bathroom and it's taking too long to finish "the job". Misdirected anger?

I think parental influence cannot be overlooked!

My Dad would get angry over just about anything, everything, and something might go flying against the wall of the garage, and he'd swear a bluestreak!

There's times I could hear his swearing a half-block away, and the neighbors just grew to accept it!

My mother would say, during one of his loud swearing streaks: Listen to that! He's going to hell some day for using God's name in vain, and if you wish to join him in hell some day, go ahead and swear like him!"

And to hell I shall go!

Old 07-16-2015, 02:54 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,922,375 times
Everyone grows angry a times; others live it 24/7.
I usually get angry at drivers on the road or mechanical devices I am using or working on that don't cooperate. I was working on my 28 yo JD mower Mon and was letting go of some choice words. I saw my next door neighbor and apologized to her if it bothered her and remembered she was in the Navy and is married to an ex-Marine. I told her to forget it as she could probably put me to shame. She laughed and asked if I had heard her go off yet.

If I get angry it is very short lived. Cuss a bit, let it go and you feel better. If you want to harbor it you can be a bitter SOB for the rest of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships