Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 02:50 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
This is a different guy I am talking about, but this guy I know, I like him and he always seemed to like me, but he also (like my other guy friend) distance himself from me. So, I texted him to see how he is, and such and it was very short. He seemed kinda rude through texting, so then around 6am I woke up to 2 texts and they were stupid, it said "I'm going to be late for work, Cause my gram is working 10-4:30 and I don't want my grand father driving 8 times to Plantersville and back to Pinemont." "You need steering fluid" and then an hour later he sent this text "You are not Bill" So I just sent "Lol" But it's weird. I don't believe in "accidental" texting, cause he has the newest phone out, and with androids the phone number appears underneath the name. Also My name is Sara and it's nowhere near Bill...clearly, lol.

Do guys do that accidental texting for attention or something? I mean it could have been a legit mistake, but I highly doubt it, cause like I said I don't know how he would get me mixed up with his boss Bill?

What do you think? What's your take on it? Is he looking for attention? Did you ever do that to someone you liked? You "accidentally texted them? lol. I am just curious, cause it's kinda odd to me.
At 6am he was probably still half asleep and texted the last number on his phone thinking the last call or text he had on his phone was from work.
I don't think there is anything to it, if he said he texted by accident then he texted by accident and unless he proves otherwise there is no reason to read anything into it.
One can have the best, most recent phone on the market and still not know how to use it properly or completely (like my husband). Besides, as long as the guy is human and not a computer I bet he did actually just make a mistake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2014, 03:29 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,193,859 times
.....and little did he know that it would cause a new thread on CD!!!

Stop worrying so much about men and develop yourself into an interesting, independent woman, and they will eventually flock to you

Good advice from the poster above. Right now you seem too focused on the trivial.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:45 PM

2,098 posts, read 2,499,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkpoe View Post
... if you don't believe in "accidental" texting, then does it really matter the ulterior motive of someone who's texting you under the guise of "accidental" texting? Just dismiss it and move on. If anything, you sound extremely desperate and needy for attention. Seriously, stop over-analyzing like this. If a guy likes a girl, he'll go out his way to let her know.
This. Read over and over again.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:59 PM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
What in the world can you see as a motive for a text saying "you need steering fluid".
Is that a women thing? I can't even imagine a motive - guys don't play these games, it's not a part of our chemistry. It was an accidental text, who cares? Move on.

You want to freak him out however? Text him back saying "Hey I started a thread in an online forum to see if your accidental text on changing steering fluid really meant that you were really into me and not an accidental text". He will probably be rushing to get a restraining order next.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:20 PM

9,053 posts, read 17,193,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
What in the world can you see as a motive for a text saying "you need steering fluid".
Is that a women thing? I can't even imagine a motive - guys don't play these games, it's not a part of our chemistry. It was an accidental text, who cares? Move on.

You want to freak him out however? Text him back saying "Hey I started a thread in an online forum to see if your accidental text on changing steering fluid really meant that you were really into me and not an accidental text". He will probably be rushing to get a restraining order next.
LOL - this!

Old 04-03-2014, 10:23 PM

4,525 posts, read 3,404,501 times
Quote:

Actually, there are some guys that do this. While guys don't generally play games, some do when it comes to texting.

There is also a technique called "mass texting." It's when you pretend to send a text to all your friends on your phone inviting them out to some party, when you really only sent it to the girl you like.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:55 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times
Quote:

Maybe a young woman/teenager thing. Grown ups don't play these games. And by grown ups, I don't mean the legal age of 18 determined by the government. I mean people who act like adults and don't have several threads on a forum about how much attention they need from this guy, that guy, the guy on the left, the guy on the right, and the guy doing the hokey pokey.

Nothing says hey baby wanna date like a thread about steering fluid online! Maybe if he was a mechanic it would....but doubtful especially when he finds out that this girl has done this a few times on here.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:56 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,614,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post
Actually, there are some guys that do this. While guys don't generally play games, some do when it comes to texting.

There is also a technique called "mass texting." It's when you pretend to send a text to all your friends on your phone inviting them out to some party, when you really only sent it to the girl you like.
Sounds like something 12 year olds do and not 27 year olds.

Old 04-04-2014, 07:24 AM

14,993 posts, read 23,881,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorker11356 View Post

Do you seriously need to encourage the OP on this topic ?

Old 04-04-2014, 10:31 AM

2,451 posts, read 3,213,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
it said "I'm going to be late for work, Cause my gram is working 10-4:30 and I don't want my grand father driving 8 times to Plantersville and back to Pinemont." "You need steering fluid" and then an hour later he sent this text "You are not Bill" ...
Did you check your power steering fluid level?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships