Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2014, 05:53 AM

28,988 posts, read 30,403,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Insecure. He is insecure in his own abilities and seeks out assurances from others that what he does is the best. Since he doesn't do anything best, he looks for what others can do best and tries to prove that he can do it better.

He sounds like the kind of person that would hear a good idea from someone else and immediately claim it as his own, even to the person that originally presented the idea. He strikes me as someone that wants to strip away the confidence of others so he can feel superior even though he has very little in the way of self-confidence.

~ that's my arm chair unqualitifed psychologist 2 cents
hmmmm,
You might have a very good point there....I remember a woman, when he first took over our group, going in for her one on one, and she came out livid...stating, that she was leaving the group, that he did nothing but put her work down. And now that I think about it, he did that from time to time, and he hated to give out awards, and yet, thought he was the best award giver, but he wasn't....

Honestly, I've dealt with a whole lot of personalities in my lifetime, that were easy to figure out, however, my gut feeling tells me, that while he seemed to care about us all, I really think he was a very good actor...he never absorbed things we told him....unless of course it was gossip, and even then he got it all wrong...he didn't have a very long attention span? LOL

Thank you Lieneke, for your thoughts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2014, 05:59 AM

28,988 posts, read 30,403,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swgirl926 View Post
This sounds like someone I worked for, too, sexist/racist comments and all. I got the heck out of there as soon as I could.

OP, it's not all that unusual for people that behave like your ex-boss to find their way into positions of authority. For one, they want to be in positions of leadership, primarily for the power and the title. They can come off as very confident and affable, and that's how they get those positions. Doesn't mean that everyone in management or another leadership position is narcissistic, but there's lots of information out there that suggests a correlation.
Gottcha, thank you, and yes, he loved the title...

I always thought that narcissistic people were mean people, very cruel....however, he took a great deal of insult if you corrected him...and to me, that is the only way one learns...that childlike behavior we all saw in him at times, when he got really excited about going to a luncheon, or a trip he was taking...lol

I remember when he bought his vacation home....he told me about it, and asked me to please not tell anyone, but the very next day the entire team knew? LOL

And he didn't filter anything...it just all came out...and always, bringing attention to himself....like, "I built this, or that, or I hired him or her...etc.

Sometimes he made the worst descissions....honestly....

Old 03-13-2014, 11:39 AM

2,460 posts, read 3,235,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post

don't ya just love my dot, dot, dots, to? yanno..........
don't you just love my ellipses, too? You know...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships