Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 11:49 AM

2,341 posts, read 3,501,766 times

Advertisements

I am a 65 year old male.

If I order and it comes back wrong it goes back,
and I am paying, and it needs to be hot, or it goes back.

If it is a buffet I try a lot of things on my plate and if
something tastes bad or it is cold I leave it on the plate.

I have left a large amount of junk food on plates
for them to do what ever they want with it ... feed it to hogs.

If I order Sunnyside up eggs, and they come turned over, they go back.

If I order a rare steak, and it comes back medium rare, I may eat it,
but if it comes out medium, it goes back, and I want another one cooked right.

I ordered food that I wanted to eat ... not slop ! ! !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2014, 11:56 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,212,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpus7 View Post
I am a 65 year old male.

If I order and it comes back wrong it goes back,
and I am paying, and it needs to be hot, or it goes back.

If it is a buffet I try a lot of things on my plate and if
something tastes bad or it is cold I leave it on the plate.

I have left a large amount of junk food on plates
for them to do what ever they want with it ... feed it to hogs.

If I order Sunnyside up eggs, and they come turned over, they go back.

If I order a rare steak, and it comes back medium rare, I may eat it,
but if it comes out medium, it goes back, and I want another one cooked right.

I ordered food that I wanted to eat ... not slop ! ! !

So the hell what?

We're not advocating letting an incorrect order go unaddressed. We're talking about being a crank who makes life miserable for everyone around him.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying to the waiter, "Excuse me, but this order isn't correct. I ordered medium rare, not rare. Would you please ask the kitchen to take care of it?"

But that's not what's going on here. As an example, when the man in question ordered coffee, the waitress asked for clarification on whether he wanted regular or decaf. A reasonable question. He made the choice to be difficult.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:57 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
This thread is not about whether or not one should send back food that is prepared incorrectly.

This is about a person who displayed arrogance by speaking to a server with unnecessary disrespect, thereby making the rest of the party uncomfortable.

Old 01-01-2014, 11:58 AM

49,927 posts, read 60,037,678 times
LOL

Jinx, cpg!!

Old 01-01-2014, 11:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,212,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
LOL

Jinx, cpg!!
Buy you a Coke.

Old 01-01-2014, 12:02 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,457,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Not really. And that doesn't give him the right to be a rude, obnoxious asss to the waitress.
I beg your pardon, you are mistaken, but, of course, it doesn't give him the right to be an asss to the server.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:11 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,763,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I think your best bet is to NOT go to restaurants (not even McDs!) with your father (or any place where there is customer service!)

Eat at your home or his. If he complains about your cooking, tell him "tough beans, dad, you get what you get here" (or whatever he told YOU when you complained about meals growing up)

I can't be around people like that, especially at a restaurant. Everything is a complaint and they ruin the dining experience.
we go out with my dad once most weekends. he likes going out and spending time with the granddaughter and i like it also. ive learned to ignore the whole "food is ice cold thing" and the coffee thing is new. if it becomes a regular thing, i may give the waitress a heads up beforehand to avoid it. he isnt a miserable person for most of the meal, ive learned to try to control the conversation with him to keep things positive. my brother would kill himself if he had to spend an hour in the car with my dad but i do it fine because i choose the topics of conversation. i dont leave silence for the old man to say something i dont want to hear.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
And so is the OP of this thread. Captain, does your dad ask for a different table, too?
he has some table issues. but usually if he has a big issue (near front or bathroom) he will immediately say rudely that he doesnt want to sit there. the "transaction" is fast. he also doesnt like to be the one facing the wall, thats been my whole lift. he is easier with the table choice now, usually if he has an issue he just asks me if the table is ok and i pretty much always say its fine with me.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Less than five minutes later the chef came sashaying out of the kitchen bearing a silver platter upon which the offending dinner plate was placed and through which a big silver steak knife (still in situ) had sliced through to reveal a very vaguely pink steak interior. It was like something out of a Monty Python skit as he flounced around saying that he'd NEVER been so insulted and that we obviously knew NOTHING about cooking, etc. etc.
whoah, my dad would be so pissed and i would be also. i remember one time a waiter disagreed with my mom who complained that her diet coke didnt taste right. i tasted it and she was right. i spoke up and my wife said i was rude but i wasnt going to let him be a dick to my mom.

Old 01-01-2014, 01:42 PM

50,952 posts, read 36,646,853 times
I had an ex like this. He liked his french fries well-done and crispy, but he wouldn't say this when he ordered. When the fries came, he would indignantly say "These aren't even cooked!" and send them back, often criticizing the server for having served them. It was embarrassing. When I would ask why he doesn't just order them the way he likes them, he would deflect it to how they should "know" no one wants fries cooked the way these were.

My stepfather never ordered soup without sending it back, always complaining it wasn't hot enough.

I admit I am a pain in some ways in restaurants. I ask for a lot of substitutions, the pancakes need to be on a separate plate than the eggs, can you make me a Mojito with Splenda, that kind of thing...but I am always polite, patient and appreciative, and when I know I've been a pain, I tip extra to make up for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships