Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2013, 04:54 PM

633 posts, read 1,016,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I sent it, actually, I don't care any more, yanno, they've been doing this for years....they complain about the food, how much I make, and mind you, some people make 2 or 3 meats....they are constantly mocking what I make, or "I don't like this or that!" Then walk in late all the time, it is rude, and even my other freinds have commented on how not only rude to me they are but aloof to everyone else....it actually makes them angry that I've allowed them to treat me this way for years.....
I make a prime rib, and this year, it was way over done, b/c I kept waiting and waiting for my one sister....

I'm sorry if I've disappointed you, but enough is enough, like I said before, they never had any children, so they don't know what it is like to give of themselves....it is all about them....and when I take the time to prepare dinner, and spend all that money, the least they can do is show up when everyone else does, if that is controlling then so be it....
Wow that is REALLY rude. I don't blame you one bit for sending the letter. Prime Rib? I know how much you spent on that. And to complain about what you made or how it was cooked. WOW.

Not worth having them for dinner and if they get mad about your letter, no great loss. Some people settle for any relationship with their dysfunctional family because they figure something is better than nothing. I learned a few years back that is not the case - for me - anyway. I decided to stop taking my cousin's BS, along with her rude daughters, about 4 years ago. I don't feel like a piece of crap and sad and all down on myself for weeks after one of our "get togethers" anymore - because we don't get together!! And I don't miss it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 03:21 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,159,685 times
Yep they all sound rude and selfish and dont give a crap about you or how hard you worked on this dinner . Yep I would go somewhere else for christmas next year and enjoy it go sit on a beach somewhere and read a book and get a tan you will be much more at peace and rested .

Old 12-29-2013, 05:51 AM

28,984 posts, read 30,387,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Yep they all sound rude and selfish and dont give a crap about you or how hard you worked on this dinner . Yep I would go somewhere else for christmas next year and enjoy it go sit on a beach somewhere and read a book and get a tan you will be much more at peace and rested .
Thank you, just may do that again...enjoyed it before....never really missed those traditions of Christmas. Sending Hugs and happy New Year

Old 12-29-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaving4Ca View Post
Wow that is REALLY rude. I don't blame you one bit for sending the letter. Prime Rib? I know how much you spent on that. And to complain about what you made or how it was cooked. WOW.

Not worth having them for dinner and if they get mad about your letter, no great loss. Some people settle for any relationship with their dysfunctional family because they figure something is better than nothing. I learned a few years back that is not the case - for me - anyway. I decided to stop taking my cousin's BS, along with her rude daughters, about 4 years ago. I don't feel like a piece of crap and sad and all down on myself for weeks after one of our "get togethers" anymore - because we don't get together!! And I don't miss it!
A few years ago, I had talked with my younger sister about this, and she said, "Creme, you know we're a dysfunctional family"....I said, that is no excuse to completely dismiss the feelings of others. It is no wonder all of them don't have many friends....I feel so bad for them....and for their spouses.

And it still goes on...

Old 12-29-2013, 08:28 AM

4,067 posts, read 5,662,193 times
If you no longer enjoy hosting the holiday dinner, don't do it. But just personally, I wouldn't worry if someone walked in when dinner just started. That's not unusual at all. And if they are not interested in the pies, well maybe they are trying to lose weight or just don't like the pies. But I whole-heartedly agree about the whole rush off without any real conversation thing. Too many people do that...true face-to-face conversation seems to be going the way of the dinosaur. If it isn't texted, or on social media, or at least occurring on a cell phone, some people just aren't intersted! Sad, but true!

Old 12-29-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
A few years ago, I had talked with my younger sister about this, and she said, "Creme, you know we're a dysfunctional family"....I said, that is no excuse to completely dismiss the feelings of others. It is no wonder all of them don't have many friends....I feel so bad for them....and for their spouses.

And it still goes on...
yes, that is true, however, my one sister and brother are cronically late, and then, she tells me, she has already gone to a brunch, so she is not hungry, and my brother complains cuz the meat is way to done, b/c my sister was late, and we waited for her 1/2 hour, then I started carving....they did this to mom, and it really made me mad....once my brother fell asleep and forgot to pic up mom, we were all so mad at him.....they are really non caring about anyone else....spoiled rotten, and you never hear from them except during the holidays? They don't care, way to busy pleasing themselves....and they things they say about the food when they come to dinner....forgot this year, that I made lime jello salad, and after we sat down to eat, I jumped up and my sister said, really loud "You made that to"? My mother was thrifty, so she didn't make a lot of food, so when they see this, they are extremely rude about saying, why do you need two meats, why so many veggies, and pies?

They always complain about my meals, and I'm frankly very tired of it.

Old 12-29-2013, 12:06 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,852,776 times
OT but next time you decide to cook a prime roast you can PM me and I can tell you how to cook it without it getting overcooked because someone's late. Served it every Saturday night at my restaurant for 16 years and it was as good at 10PM as it was at 5PM (if there was any left by that late hour!).

Old 12-29-2013, 05:02 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,253,528 times
Quote:
yes, that is true, however, my one sister and brother are cronically late, and then, she tells me, she has already gone to a brunch, so she is not hungry, and my brother complains cuz the meat is way to done, b/c my sister was late, and we waited for her 1/2 hour, then I started carving....they did this to mom, and it really made me mad....once my brother fell asleep and forgot to pic up mom, we were all so mad at him.....they are really non caring about anyone else....spoiled rotten, and you never hear from them except during the holidays? They don't care, way to busy pleasing themselves....and they things they say about the food when they come to dinner....forgot this year, that I made lime jello salad, and after we sat down to eat, I jumped up and my sister said, really loud "You made that to"? My mother was thrifty, so she didn't make a lot of food, so when they see this, they are extremely rude about saying, why do you need two meats, why so many veggies, and pies?

They always complain about my meals, and I'm frankly very tired of it.
That is horrible. At my house the comments would be. "Wow! Look at all of this delicious looking food! Two different meats! Yum, yum! And, so many vegetables! Wonderful! It will be hard to save room for the handmade pies, but I'll try. Thank you for all of your hard work!"

That is what normal families would say.

And they would be on time unless there was a really, really good reason that they were late.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
OT but next time you decide to cook a prime roast you can PM me and I can tell you how to cook it without it getting overcooked because someone's late. Served it every Saturday night at my restaurant for 16 years and it was as good at 10PM as it was at 5PM (if there was any left by that late hour!).
OK, thank you so very much.....it was over done, but still very very tender and good....it always is, very pleased with the butcher I get it from, however, we all like it Med - Med rare.

Old 12-30-2013, 04:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
That is horrible. At my house the comments would be. "Wow! Look at all of this delicious looking food! Two different meats! Yum, yum! And, so many vegetables! Wonderful! It will be hard to save room for the handmade pies, but I'll try. Thank you for all of your hard work!"

That is what normal families would say.

And they would be on time unless there was a really, really good reason that they were late.
yeah, isn't that the truth...my family is so freakin negative, they really like to point out the flaws, all the time, and like I said, since my mom was frugal and they don't cook like I do, they always complain b/c I make so much....that is what people do on Holidays???????? I used to also make a pasta, but no more, b/c they complain so much. My cousin told me they were even mocking my jello salad?
It hurts, yanno?

Always looking to talk about people.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships