Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2013, 07:23 AM

533 posts, read 1,204,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
Oh come on guys, procrastinators like me are just like this! we mean no harm, it is not some
scheme to not have you attend or even expecting you to attend knowing full and well
that it is last minute notice!

It might be sad to say for some, but my husband and I pretty much operate last minute.
When the kids were small I always had the invitations out 3 weeks before but now that it is
just us we do lots of thing last minute or with no warning. We call friends for last minute dinners ,outings , kayak trips , bowling etc. we really aren't that disappointed if some friends can't come because guess what? we know it is last minute.
hey , some of the best times we have had with friends are unscheduled. I hate it when friends want to plan things
six months in advance [ unless it is a wedding] have a little spontaneity .
I\

For me at least, there is a difference. For invitations like you are describing - a last minute dinner invitation, going out for the night, I personally don't have a problem with getting a last minute call. If we're free and it sounds fun, then we're in.

But the situation the OP was describing (and the ones I've experienced in my family) wasn't a last minute call for bowling. It's a family birthday party or some other get together to mark a special occasion or event. In that case, getting a call for a party the day or two before, and then getting pressure to rearrange schedules to accommodate it (my experience not the OPs) is a bit obnoxious. It's not like the hosts had no idea that the birthday was upcoming.

But maybe that's just me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships