Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 09:51 AM

845 posts, read 1,357,042 times

Advertisements

This weekend I was invited to stay at my brother's in-laws for an upcoming festival. He has gone a few years already and I always hear these great stories from him and our mutual friends. However, no great stories for me to tell.

It ended on a bad note. I didn't know anybody but they were all friendly enough to strike conversations with. One bathroom for just under 20 people. Yet, lots of great food and beer...need I say more?

Last night, people were drinking and talking. It started out ok. I started feel pretty good after my 5th or so drink. Then that time came. I went inside, allowed the few girls to go ahead of me and did my business. Not two minutes later a knock on the and then a female voice said, "Come on, I have to pee!" I quickly cleaned up and sprayed the bathroom and walked back to the party.

I kept hearing my name from the house, so I walked back to investigate. I found out that I plugged the one and only toilet in the house. Aside from being embarrassed, my brother's wife couldn't tell me directly but had to tell her husband and then my day to tell me. I was also getting a stair-down from all the girls there, knowing it's the only bathroom they can use.

After taking a walk, I came back to fix the problem, my brother's wife told me to leave the house.

I think what really got me going is I wasn't given a chance to clean up. Also, my brother's wife was pregnant, so she gets free reign to yell at whoever she wants. Being that it was her parents house I couldn't do anything. I left at 1:00 am, and haven't talked anybody sense.

Sorry for the long post. I needed to vent and I don't think talking to anyone else would of made it better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 09:59 AM

51,533 posts, read 37,229,888 times
I don't understand why they asked you to leave the house? Personally I would have waited to make sure it went down before I left the bathroom, and if it didn't I would have asked for a plunger (I keep one in sight so guests don't have to come out and announce it) but I see no reason for them to yell at you and ask you to leave - is there some piece missing, an argument that got out of hand or anything? Other than that, I think clogging a toilet happens to everyone and they over-reacted.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 AM

845 posts, read 1,357,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
I don't understand why they asked you to leave the house? Personally I would have waited to make sure it went down before I left the bathroom, and if it didn't I would have asked for a plunger (I keep one in sight so guests don't have to come out and announce it) but I see no reason for them to yell at you and ask you to leave - is there some piece missing, an argument that got out of hand or anything? Other than that, I think clogging a toilet happens to everyone and they over-reacted.
I came back in from walking around a little and said, "Ok, i will clean it up. Everybody get out." I was a little upset about it, but as soon as i entered the bathroom, she pushed me out saying, "you need to slow you road and get out. Get out of my house."

I blame her and not her hormones. It doesn't give women the right to be down right mean whenever they want. If i can, I will defend myself in an argument. In this case her dad and husband were behind me, nothing I could do but leave.

Before this, there were women knocking on the door to go pee. I was being rushed out.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:41 AM

51,533 posts, read 37,229,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
I came back in from walking around a little and said, "Ok, i will clean it up. Everybody get out." I was a little upset about it, but as soon as i entered the bathroom, she pushed me out saying, "you need to slow you road and get out. Get out of my house."

I blame her and not her hormones. It doesn't give women the right to be down right mean whenever they want. If i can, I will defend myself in an argument. In this case her dad and husband were behind me, nothing I could do but leave.

Before this, there were women knocking on the door to go pee. I was being rushed out.
In terms of being rushed out, all you had to say was "sorry, the toilet's clogged, you have to wait a minute". If you said nothing and knew it was clogged and just walked out, then I can see why they might have gotten upset (I liken it to people jamming the copy machine, then walking out and leaving the next person who goes in to deal with all those flashing lights and unjamming it).

Why did you get upset when they told you about it? Did you angrily order people out? What did she mean by "slow your road"? Do you think there was any passive-aggressiveness involved in you walking out without dealing with it, because you felt rushed but weren't confident enough to ask them to wait nor tell them the reason?

Not accusing you, just trying to suss out how a simple clogged toilet turned into a huge deal.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:42 AM

7,284 posts, read 12,979,485 times
This entire scenario is disgusting, as is talking about it.

I think the drinking is also an issue.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:12 PM

7,711 posts, read 5,604,222 times
Let me get this straight. You were drunk. You plugged up the toilet and created a mess. You left the urgent problem for others to fix and clean up and went for a walk. You don't even mention apologizing.

Now you feel you're the victim because they were angry enough about your behavior to reject your help when you finally offered it and asked you to leave the house.

I would have kicked you out too. Do you always villeinize others when you are at fault?

Old 08-04-2013, 03:20 PM

52,510 posts, read 53,095,501 times
I was ROFLMAO.......

Sorry to make light of the situation, but I have a juvenile sense of humor at times.....

Old 08-04-2013, 06:04 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,038,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitopcat View Post
Sounds to me like she figured you were too drunk and would just make a worse mess.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:10 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,881,373 times
What a strange story! Why didn't you just plunge the toilet when you clogged up? Were you too drunk? Why were you walking around? Weird.

What does "slow you road" mean? Are you sure that is what she said? Did it make sense to you? Do you feel that your drinking might be causing problems with your relationships and your general awareness of the world around you?

Old 08-05-2013, 07:01 AM

49,926 posts, read 60,353,582 times
I assumed she meant, "Slow your roll," which means "hold up a minute."

It also sounded like the OP was still hungover when he posted.

It definitely sounds like a bad situation made worse by alcohol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships