Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 08:07 PM

4 posts, read 16,807 times

Advertisements

I've been noticing that people don't seem to be as friendly and generous towards one another like they used to be and I personally think that it's really unfortunate that people are becoming less friendly and generous towards one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2013, 08:09 PM

2,349 posts, read 5,438,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Rhymes View Post
I've been noticing that people don't seem to be as friendly and generous towards one another like they used to be and I personally think that it's really unfortunate that people are becoming less friendly and generous towards one another.
Could be you. Realize you (as an individual through the stages of life) may have changed more in say the past 10 or 20 years than the world as a whole has.

The 60 year old curmudgeon was once an idealistic young man.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:09 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,948,611 times
Quote:
Nope, I come across friendly and generous people all the time.

People that think others are not friendly are the ones with the problem.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:10 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
Quote:
You may need to reevaluate your social circle. I haven't seen a decline like you have.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:15 PM

4 posts, read 16,807 times
It's what I've been experiencing on Facebook or whenever I go out in public, fortunately the friends I do have are very loving, generous people.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:16 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,082,825 times
Quote:
It's what I've been experiencing on Facebook or whenever I go out in public, fortunately the friends I do have are very loving, generous people.
Facebook should not be a measure of society.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:38 PM

22,349 posts, read 29,465,198 times
Yes its called weeding out the stupid people

Old 07-18-2013, 08:45 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,892,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
Yes its called weeding out the stupid people
Lol I ♡ you himain.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:52 PM

6,732 posts, read 10,001,571 times
Agreed. It's just you.

Old 07-18-2013, 09:26 PM

49 posts, read 66,103 times
Quote:
Oh boy

Facebook hardly counts...just read any article on the recent Treyvon, George Zimmerman trial and read those comments. It makes you feel like you've stepped right back into the Civil Rights Era--whites against blacks, blacks against whites--*cringe* but social media isn't a fair representation of what is truly out there.

Sure it allows for a person's true nature to be revealed but more times than most it's just a lot of people bored and perpetrating, hoping to stir up controversy, drama, and gain attention.

I think most people just rather keep to themselves, not because they have a malicious heart or aren't sociable, just moreso that our American culture teaches us things like "don't stare, don't talk to strangers, etc, etc." I actually find myself on the subway wondering why I don't smile more at the stranger looking over in my direction, instead I go "don't look, don't look, don't look...don't want to be rude, don't look!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships