Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 08:35 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times

Advertisements

I'm not sure which forum this goes into, but I feel compelled to ask this question. Am I the only person who does not like to go to clubs or go dancing? I just find the whole activity to be so boring and tiring. Yet it seems that all anyone wants to do is go out dancing. Please be aware I am not asking for any advice here, think of this as more of a poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2013, 08:38 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,925,490 times
And, where exactly is the poll?

Old 07-04-2013, 08:40 PM

10,349 posts, read 13,940,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
And, where exactly is the poll?
Read the post carefully. I said THINK of this as a poll. At no point did I say it WAS a poll.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:50 PM

195 posts, read 335,903 times
Clubs can be boring, yes. There's definitely other things I'd choose as an ideal night out.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:28 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,317,950 times
Depends what you mean by club. If you mean a nightclub-type bar with fancy lighting and recorded music that people dance to — which is basically an excuse for singles to check each other out and people who aren't getting any action to get wasted — no I don't go to those. Of course I did a few times, which is why I know I hate them. I do, however, love to hear live music in intimate settings, so I go to bars that have bands I know I like. It's not about dancing and drinking, though, so much is it is about enjoying the music in a different setting than a theater. Nothing better than hearing a good blues band in a bar no bigger than some people's living rooms, IMHO.

I never met any of my boyfriends in a nightclub and I can't think of any of my friends who did either. Work, school (especially non-credit special-interest classes), volunteer projects, and friends' parties — all better places to meet people. And weddings. I know three women who met their future husbands at weddings. One of them, who was a bridesmaid when she met her future spouse, said to me, "If he wanted to ask me out when I was wearing that hideous gown and the hairspray-do the bride made me get, I figured he'd really like me when he saw what I actually look like."

Old 07-04-2013, 10:10 PM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
Not so much hate...but grew out of.

In college I was there all the time. Now at 32, I think I've moved onto other things. Most of my friends are married with kids, so being the only single guy and trying to get some friends to go to a club with me is not gonna happen.

I have more money now...so I do different things. I never felt I'd meet ms. Right there anyway. I'm not gonna meet her at the golf course either...but I'm gonna keep trying.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:47 PM

43 posts, read 189,054 times
I NEVER liked going to clubs, but that's due to the fact that I can't stand most crowded noisy areas. I like more peaceful and relaxing environments. So when you go to a place where it's jam packed, and they play music you don't even enjoy then it's just something you can never get into.

It doesn't help that I'm not a dancer either. I was never into the party scene. I always thought it made me a bit boring just cause I didn't enjoy the things that most people did my age. But it's whatever.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:23 AM

1,028 posts, read 1,122,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
I'm not sure which forum this goes into, but I feel compelled to ask this question. Am I the only person who does not like to go to clubs or go dancing? I just find the whole activity to be so boring and tiring. Yet it seems that all anyone wants to do is go out dancing. Please be aware I am not asking for any advice here, think of this as more of a poll.
That depends on a certain situation. But mostly I prefer more quite atmosphere.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:57 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,851 times
I don't like clubs either and never did. I also am quiet but overall I just don't enjoy the feel. I don't care for even loud restaurants. Also not all clubs are like this but I am not into the pick up scene that often happens.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:40 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
No, you're not the only person who hates clubs. No one among my friends has ever been into bars or clubs. It's more common than you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships