Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 05:36 PM

51,650 posts, read 37,396,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Actually I thought so -- and for those who think movies and television shows prove something, Seinfeld showed that former lovers can become just friends.

Not all women can be pals of men, not all men can be pals of women, and there is the other extreme -- those who find it quite easy to have pals of the opposite sex but not lovers.

I think it depends on age, though, too. My impression is that the OP is young, and the guys are young...if she is pretty and they don't have girlfriends, most likely an invitation by her to hang out, or accepting an invitation by them to hang out, they are going to hope she likes them in a romantic sense. This is especially true if they are more passive type guys, and she is initiating talking to them or asking to hang out.

If you go over to the relationships forum, you'll see many posts from lovelorn guys hanging onto a friendship with a girl that they keep hoping will result in her falling in love with them. Many of them are guys who are afraid to approach girls for dates and try the passive "back door" approach of friendship hoping she'll magically see how awesome of a bf he'd be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 06:08 PM

52,627 posts, read 53,206,050 times
I think the men/women friendship thing is harder if one is "hot"... I know a lot of guys can't see past her being a hot chick.

Probably same goes the other way, but not as much I'd imagine... IDK..... just my 3 cents........

Old 07-28-2013, 06:20 PM

1,089 posts, read 1,428,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I feel like this thread appealed to my vanity and I'm ashamed to admit that. lol

I don't consider myself "hot" by a long shot as the girls I consider "hot" are the ones who actively dress in ways that appeal to the opposite sex or who wear make up and heels and who flirt, etc. Many times, they have tons of guy friends.

I can be quite the wall flower, very plain, very simple in style and so it amazes me when I discover I can't have guy friends because in my head, the girls they usually go after dress in a way that I most definitely do not nor try to.

*Sigh*...I don't know. Maybe you guys are right and maybe I'm more attractive than I think of myself.

I feel vain saying that though so...I'll just stop.
I have many lady friends. Some married, some single, some are dating. We get along great. Occasionally a little flirting goes on, but nothing that is taken too seriously. There are however 2 of my female friends that have each asked me at different times why (other) guys can't seem to be friends with them for long and the guy is suddenly trying to get them in bed. I don't want to seem rude, but they both know that they are not raving beauties by any sense of the word. (Now OP please don't think that I'm comparing you to them in that respect because I am not.....however....) They both are very friendly, both have no problems relating to or talking to men......AND..........they both give off this extremely intense sexual vibe. The kind that makes a guy want to get a couple bottles of wine and some strawberries, then rent a room for two nights, take her there, and come out dehydrated.

It's entirely possible, that you are unaware of how attractive you are to the opposite sex.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,450,681 times
And thats not defective behavior on men's part. Its the biology. Men and women were meant to have a strong physical attraction to one another. Their reproductive areas even fit together. However, I do have some women friends that I am not intimate with. But that is a choice because although sexually, being human, we are not necessarily romantically compatible. And I am fine with appreciating and enjoying their personalities even as attractive women. Can I be sexually aroused by those attributes? Well certainly! Even if older than before, I will always enjoy being male.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships