Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 01:01 AM

5,903 posts, read 3,798,240 times

Advertisements

I need some fair, outside opinions, maybe I'm missing something here?? I don't know what else to do but to post our last conversations from yesterday (last night) from text.....but these bizarre responses have been going on since Christmas Eve. Ok.....

Her: Swear, nothing makes me any sicker than watching love scenes on these old movies. Mom's fd up view on romance has messed me up to this day.....geez
Me: Now that there is what they call a profound revelation my friend
Her: Yup, been getting some of them lately Butterfly!!
Her: Her constant need for validation without reciprocation has left me fd up.
Me: Hell gf its about time. You got years of pent up repressed **** that needs releasing, I am so proud of you for even saying that out loud about your Mom.
Her: Thanks!! I tried to call you are you still busy?
Me: Oh no sorry I'm at Sam's now, P.J. left at 8. I'm feeling so glad to be feeling better I think I had a real bad case of cabin fever, I'm manic.......probably on my way to the nuthouse lol
Her: K see ya there!! Later (insert MY NAME) important to note: she never calls me by my name
(I thought the conversation was over so I didn't text anything else)
Her: she sends me a BLANK text
Me: Huh? You sent a blank text lol
Her: Yup
Me: R u mad??
(No response so I send it again)
Me: R u mad??
Her: I don't get mad at ppl I love. I do however feel sad. But that's ok.
Me: Sad about what?? to tell u the truth (insert her name) u haven't made any sense since I told you I was at Sam's.
Her: No sense. Ok, i just needed to talk to a friend cuz I'm hurting. Sorry that I have confused you.
Me: No don't turn this around on me, I want you to look back at all of our texts......go way back to Christmas Eve. If there's a god that's worth his salt he will not allow my dearest friend to turn on me now??
Her: I have not turned on you. I just needed to talk to someone who understands me, and loves me for who I am
Her: Good grief, I just wanted to connect to my best friend. Didn't want to be the subject of negativity. Don't know what Christmas text would have bothered you, but sorry.
Me: Good lord (insert her name) what r u talking about? I was listening intently but the minute I said something about myself and Sam a switch flipped, I'm asking you to please go back over our texts since Christmas Eve and if you can't see that ur mood and texts just changed after I told you that then Houston we got a problem
Her: Enjoy yourself. I don't even understand why you're upset with me. When I called to see how you were a few hours ago you sounded so good.
Me: Ok let's start over.....forget about all that for now.....r u mad because I didn't call you before I left? Did I say I was going to? The last thing I remember saying was that I would talk to you tomm. Is that what you're mad about?
Her: Of course not (insert my name). Anytime is always good for me. You seem to be angry now. I did not bring this upon you. Ask Sam what to say next, you're hurting me.
Me: Ok, do you want to call me?
Her: no response
Her: No response
Me: Ok I love you I don't know what to do
Sam: Hey (insert her name) this is Sam. Do you want to talk to me?
Me: Ok I'm home now if you want to call me. We really need to talk

No more responses from her. Just based on this conversation without having to go into our back stories.......what happened here? I'm perplexed. Your thoughts? I can definitely elaborate to have this make more sense, just didn't want to make this post too long.

And please, be honest I really want to know if I did something wrong here. She was really mean to me at Christmas time, and she doesn't see it either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2012, 01:19 AM

1,702 posts, read 2,325,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Me: probably on my way to the nuthouse lol
Her: K see ya there!!
Her: Ok, i just needed to talk to a friend cuz I'm hurting. Sorry that I have confused you.
Her: Good grief, I just wanted to connect to my best friend. after I told you that then Houston we got a p
Her: Enjoy yourself. I don't even understand why you're upset with me. When I called to see how you were a few hours ago you sounded so good.
Think she meant see you at the nuthouse and you never responded back. She was already emotional and was looking for an excuse to break down and have a good cry. Sounds like the ramblings of someone who's feeling sorry for themselves and or possibly drinking.

Don't ask me how I know!

Old 12-30-2012, 03:44 AM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times
Seems like you have the answer that was posted in your OP, Northsouth. Re-read it again. It's right there. Need a hint?

Quote:
I'm manic

Old 12-30-2012, 03:56 AM

1,346 posts, read 3,076,820 times
She sounds jealous about you and Sam.

Old 12-30-2012, 07:25 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
I think you overreacted about the blank text, which was probably a mistake, then went off like a baby with the whole "are you mad?" stuff.

Just pick up where you left off another day.

And all this was a series of TEXTS?? Why not just call if you're gonna type all that?

Old 12-30-2012, 07:55 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,800,328 times
hate texting and don't have it and wouldn't use it.
Especially hate trying to follow a conversation someone is laying out,in order to ask for help, but is using what I can only consider is a text conversation as opposed to the good old fashioned phone call.

If you want to speak with someone,are worried about someone--either drive over to see them or pick up the phone and call them. Texting needs to be called antiquated and stopped! A LOT is inferred via the written word.

Old 12-30-2012, 09:13 AM

1,424 posts, read 5,338,739 times
Quote:
Her: Of course not (insert my name). Anytime is always good for me. You seem to be angry now. I did not bring this upon you. Ask Sam what to say next, you're hurting me.
Her: no response
Hello??? CALL HER! No response means YES! She wants you to take the initiative to show you care. Good luck.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:12 AM

19,222 posts, read 16,710,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by didee View Post
Hello??? CALL HER! No response means YES! She wants you to take the initiative to show you care. Good luck.

No response means yes?

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything but I'm not familiar with the rules of texting and what means what. Interesting.

Old 12-30-2012, 11:20 AM

1,436 posts, read 1,883,712 times
I would call her and if she doesn't answer, forget her. No use trying to contact somone who doesn't want to be bothered.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:17 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,338,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
No response means yes?

Not trying to be sarcastic or anything but I'm not familiar with the rules of texting and what means what. Interesting.
No, that's not a 'texting rule' - it just applies in this instance. If she didn't want to talk to him, she would have said, no, leave me alone. I sensed her silence was a pouting response, as in "if you care, you would call...". When faced with a pouting woman, take the initiative, KWIM?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships