Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2012, 04:34 PM

1,873 posts, read 4,414,940 times

Advertisements

this friend on facebook from back in middle school.... her status updates often have to do with how she's basically mother of the year. she posted most recently about giving someone an hour-long ride home after their car broke down.

once in a while? very cool. but it's like it's ongoing. they're mostly ALL like that. anyone else have these annoying friends on facebook? i can't shake the feeling that she is always looking for a round of applause in some way.... and she always gets it.

i know, i know. nobody's life is how they try to depict it on facebook. the more glorious their life sounds in every other status update, the more mundane it is. i can site many examples of friends like that.

anyone have any personal stories of friends like this?

facebook rant sound-off time, anyone?

i'll bet any money that as she was giving the dude a ride home, she was actually thinking ahead to that facebook status update.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2012, 04:36 PM

645 posts, read 1,453,062 times
you better learn how to start hiding annoying people.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:37 PM

6,126 posts, read 10,118,838 times
Yep. I hide people like that. Or for any other annoying thing they do where I don't want to read their updates. Bragging about how how amazing their SO is and how in love they are, complaining about how awful their ex or SO is too! Or people who post those mundane updates every few hours that they're cleaning, doing laundry, eating dinner...who cares.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifesprecious09 View Post
you better learn how to start hiding annoying people.
oh i do. i hide so many.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Yep. I hide people like that. Or for any other annoying thing they do where I don't want to read their updates. Bragging about how how amazing their SO is and how in love they are, complaining about how awful their ex or SO is too! Or people who post those mundane updates every few hours that they're cleaning, doing laundry, eating dinner...who cares.
the ex thing... the person i speak of in my post USED to do that a lot. she'd do it on myspace a few years ago. eventually she began hiding the blogs just for her besties to see. (i used to be her bestie back in middle school, but hadn't been in her immediate circle for many years, and still am not.) her ex DOES sound like a real dick. i'm not calling her a liar. but she was really dragging his name through the mud. it wasn't right. and she was adamant "it's my blog, i can't say whatever i want." i can even picture her face and tone saying those words.

in a lot of ways she reminds me of when we were 12. can be self-righteous, pretty much never apologizes, holds grudges... she's a bit... twirpy... for lack of a better word. even at this age.

just recently she sent me a PM out of the blue (she NEVER PMs me) and said "i know you're always looking for new music" so i've got some songs on my profile." i go to listen and the main song she was emphasizing for me to pay attention to was a song about someone who has really changed, and has become a stranger over time....

i think she's still miffed about a myspace message from a few years ago.. that isn't even worth talking about.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:54 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,032,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesconsinite View Post
the ex thing... the person i speak of in my post USED to do that a lot. she'd do it on myspace a few years ago. eventually she began hiding the blogs just for her besties to see. (i used to be her bestie back in middle school, but hadn't been in her immediate circle for many years, and still am not.) her ex DOES sound like a real dick. i'm not calling her a liar. but she was really dragging his name through the mud. it wasn't right. and she was adamant "it's my blog, i can't say whatever i want." i can even picture her face and tone saying those words.

in a lot of ways she reminds me of when we were 12. can be self-righteous, pretty much never apologizes, holds grudges... she's a bit... twirpy... for lack of a better word. even at this age.

just recently she sent me a PM out of the blue (she NEVER PMs me) and said "i know you're always looking for new music" so i've got some songs on my profile." i go to listen and the main song she was emphasizing for me to pay attention to was a song about someone who has really changed, and has become a stranger over time....

i think she's still miffed about a myspace message from a few years ago.. that isn't even worth talking about.
Defriend her. I would.

Old 03-13-2012, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
Or people who post those mundane updates every few hours that they're cleaning, doing laundry, eating dinner...who cares.
oh yeah. or the ones like, "spending quality time w/'so and so' tonight!" "having a movie night with (insert loved one)!"

it's like... no you're not. not if you're on FB posting about it.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:03 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,036,254 times
Why do FB statuses posted by someone you haven't been friends with since middle school, and that you could easily choose not to read, bother you to the point that you started a C-D thread to vent about them?

Either de-friend her or block her posts, then don't give her another thought. It isn't like she is calling you personally on the phone or cornering you in a bar and making you listen to her drivel. Just ignore her.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:04 PM

2,444 posts, read 3,587,490 times
Haha yeah. If i believe my female friends facebook she's living the glamour life of a modell, partying, traveling, going to this and that, but every time I see her in our dorm kitchen she's super-stressed out like the world is gonna fall down on her.

Another girl (more acquaintance than friend) used to write continuously of how fabulous her boyfriend was, but have shown up with black eyes on more than 1 occasion to school...draw ur own conclusions...

Edit; when I was new to facebook I thought my life seemed boring in comparison to the explosion of stuff that seemed to be happening with people, now I realize I'm hardly bad off.

Old 03-13-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Why do FB statuses posted by someone you haven't been friends with since middle school, and that you could easily choose not to read, bother you to the point that you started a C-D thread to vent about them?

Either de-friend her or block her posts, then don't give her another thought. It isn't like she is calling you personally on the phone or cornering you in a bar and making you listen to her drivel. Just ignore her.
it's fun to rant about annoying people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships