Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2008, 12:45 PM

3 posts, read 15,491 times

Advertisements

I am an undergrad college student who recently got kicked out of my house for wanting to go to college. Funny right!! Well whatever, I am staying with my sister and I want to get a decent job but everything around here is either too far or don’t pay enough. I already work part time as a Photo Tech but I need something to help my sister pay the bills. I tried to apply for one of those free car donation place and they were. I knew it was a long shot but I gave it a try and it made me feel more like. I was just wondering if anyone knew if their is any place where a college student can apply for a car donation. I have proof from school teachers and friends. I am not lying I just really need to start helping out my sister. I would like this place to be preferably formed MA or NH. Thank you and I hope you can help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 11,891 times
Thumbs up Car Donation

[FONT=&quot]Might tries your local high school . They repair donated cars and then sell them for cost.
For more information see this : [/FONT] [FONT=Arial]www.donate-car-ny-new-york.org[/FONT]

Old 07-19-2008, 12:07 AM

4,287 posts, read 10,773,520 times
I dont think you can do this....

Why not just spend $500 on some beater? Or get a loan?

Insurance costs are whats gonna get you, not the actual cost of the car.

Old 01-13-2009, 02:40 PM

2 posts, read 14,105 times
Default Re:

You should also try the http://www.compare-car-donation.com list for more car donation options. They have a rating of most places you can donate your car with.

Last edited by David4353; 01-13-2009 at 02:45 PM.. Reason: misspell

Old 06-12-2009, 08:29 AM

1 posts, read 10,979 times
Default Car help-ask college campus insurance agents

Hopefully one can get cheaper insurance that way---try the University at Buffalo North Campus!

Old 10-12-2010, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 8,874 times
Ronaldo-This sounds like my story. I live in Arlington, Texas, where there is no bus transportation. I attend school at Devry University and I, too, live with my sister. I have been offered jobs, really good ones, and I can't take them because I have no transportation to get there. It's really frustrating, so I can totally relate to your situation. I have a 4.00GPA and am doing really well in College, but I would like to work and become self-sufficient at the same time. If anyone can give me information for the Texas area, that would be Awesome!!! Thanks for any input you might be able to give.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: