Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2021, 03:46 PM

3,933 posts, read 2,199,560 times

Advertisements

I don’t know.
He blames his intent to create “congeniality” and “ family” like atmosphere with his staff and his cultural upbringing -some cultures do kiss/touch more than others!

When one reads details of the rebuttal published by his lawyers- some accused don’t look too good themselves- more like bully, opportunists and blackmailers - a lot of details.

Some can’t be described other than “bizarre”- “he showed me a humidor gifted to him by President Clinton - it made me think he alluded to Monica’s affair”’ and I felt “harassed”.

What? He displayed it prominently and showed it to everyone- men including!
Not that Clinton should be going around and gifting humidors- it is in bad taste after his shenanigans…

Funny? Bizarre ?- They attached multiple photos of political leaders doing the hugging/kissing of men as well as women in order to prove that everyone was doing it and it was all non-sexual

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/de...rnor_Cuomo.pdf

Last edited by L00k4ward; 08-03-2021 at 04:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2021, 04:05 PM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
If James has a case, she should bring it. No one should be tried in the "Court of Public Opinion".

Our idiot president stated Cuomo should resign. I guess our president is just too senile to remember that in America, the accused are allowed to face their accusers, and be judged by their peers?

Is this a sign that the Democratic party is now feeding on their own?

Old 08-03-2021, 05:04 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
He is toast

Old 08-03-2021, 05:06 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,903,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L00k4ward View Post
I don’t know.
He blames his intent to create “congeniality” and “ family” like atmosphere with his staff and his cultural upbringing -some cultures do kiss/touch more than others!

When one reads details of the rebuttal published by his lawyers- some accused don’t look too good themselves- more like bully, opportunists and blackmailers - a lot of details.

Some can’t be described other than “bizarre”- “he showed me a humidor gifted to him by President Clinton - it made me think he alluded to Monica’s affair”’ and I felt “harassed”.

What? He displayed it prominently and showed it to everyone- men including!
Not that Clinton should be going around and gifting humidors- it is in bad taste after his shenanigans…

Funny? Bizarre ?- They attached multiple photos of political leaders doing the hugging/kissing of men as well as women in order to prove that everyone was doing it and it was all non-sexual

https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/de...rnor_Cuomo.pdf
Some cultures overlook pedophilia too
Does that excuse it?

Old 08-03-2021, 05:08 PM

127 posts, read 64,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Does that excuse it?

No it doesnt!!

Old 08-03-2021, 05:26 PM

5,719 posts, read 4,106,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post
If James has a case, she should bring it. No one should be tried in the "Court of Public Opinion".

Our idiot president stated Cuomo should resign. I guess our president is just too senile to remember that in America, the accused are allowed to face their accusers, and be judged by their peers?

That would be quite a feast. A lot to chew on.

Old 08-03-2021, 07:50 PM

20,068 posts, read 20,877,739 times
Fourth term.

Old 08-03-2021, 08:00 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComeCloser View Post

It seems that way, but only because of the cult-like atmosphere of denial and protective attitudes in the Republican party. The party that blames Pelosi for the January 6th storming of the Capitol. The party that lauds Trump for creating the vaccine, but refuses to take it because it is a dangerous genetic mind control experiment.

Old 08-04-2021, 04:27 AM

4,004 posts, read 2,085,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
It seems that way, but only because of the cult-like atmosphere of denial and protective attitudes in the Republican party. The party that blames Pelosi for the January 6th storming of the Capitol. The party that lauds Trump for creating the vaccine, but refuses to take it because it is a dangerous genetic mind control experiment.
Well, the Dems are the party that threw themselves behind Bill Clinton in support when he said, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." And she had a dress with his DNA on it. Hillary stood by her man regardless of that fact. And despite White Water and other considerations that go as far as pre-presidential rape, people still love him.

My only question is - who did Cuomo wizz off? Did he not agree with Pelosi on something or other? We have Biden and Pelosi saying he should resign, when they have no power (except in very rare instances) on state level issues.

Why is he going through this when it is normal for politicians and others to express non-sexual warmth to people? Heck, Bill Clinton is noted for kissing children. Is Bill now to be considered a pedophile too?

Old 08-04-2021, 08:01 AM

3,933 posts, read 2,199,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Does that excuse it?
I see you have never read the rebuttal.
“Evidence” of sexual harassment from the accusers:
- looking at a humidor shown to a woman among other visitors, including men - a gift of President Clinton- made her think of Monica affair and that he has been “grooming” her
- getting roses on Valentine Day -among other female staffers- the list was compiled by the secretary without Governor’s input
- “he looked at me in a certain way”
- kissing on the cheek in presence of journalists and woman’s family members

The most serious accusation- groping under the blouse- has no way of being verified. The woman herself brought up her personal life in an effort to ask the Governor for a salary raise and to get more overtime- none of which has happened. Revenge?
The accuser “remembers” being in the office only a few minutes- alluding that she was shocked, distraught and had left in a hurry after “the incident”
The records show that she was there for 3 hours- working among other people- working on the speech, e-mailing, being on the phone with people and had some snacks brought to her while the Governor has been busy with his daily agenda- recorded nearly minute by minute

Some of the 11 “sexually harassed” women have said that they were kissed on the cheek or touched on the back- but it was not sexual.
There are photos of those moments. It was in public.

The whole story just does not make sense, but the Governor is now forever ”tainted” as nobody looks into these “accusations” after the label is attached to him.

I think “the sexual harassment “ is a new “witch hunting” tool to settle scores or just get attention and cash.
And I don’t even care for this politician in particular.

They say the attorney general of NY has aspirations to be the next Governor.
Nobody seems to accuse her of the conflict of interests; the same with the next in line if the Governor is impeached

Last edited by L00k4ward; 08-04-2021 at 08:22 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York