Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2021, 09:00 AM

3,485 posts, read 1,405,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
People like the TWS don't understand the vax isn't a traditional vax. It doesn't prevent you from getting COVID or transferring it to others.

In other words, the vax creates more silent carriers as all it does is reduce symptoms. So you can have 100 vaxed people in a room without masks on. 5 of them have COVID and transfer it to another 20. Then they go about their day and transfer it to others.
That is the COMPLETE opposite of what health experts like Dr. Fauci and the CDC says. Vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer are 94-95% effective in preventing you from getting Covid altogether and are nearly 100% effective in preventing any severe symptoms. So if you happen to be in that 5% with a breakthrough infection, you'll either be asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. And when that does happen, there's not enough of the virus in your system to transmit to others. So it's a very very very low risk for a vaccinated person to transmit to anyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated.

That is the whole reason behind the sudden turnaround on the mask mandate. And I get it. I have no fear for the vaccinated people at this point as I do believe the scientists know what they are talking about. My fear is the many people who have yet to be vaccinated. But giving anyone the freedom to go maskless, it poses a threat to the unvaccinated people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2021, 09:22 AM

34,018 posts, read 47,252,748 times
Quote:
Yes it is.

Many who died from other pre-existing conditions were categorized as dying from COVID if they tested positive.

My father in law died from a stroke in Nov and was categorized as a COVID death until the family called BS on it. Notice no one dies from the flu anymore. Die from a heart attack but have COVID in your blood stream, COVID death.

The number of deaths on average hasn't shot up during COVID. We're not seeing the average number of deaths in addition to COVID deaths. What we seeing is largely the average number of deaths attributed to COVID. But you have to actually do your research and quit trusting the MSM. Hospitals get lots of money for each additional COVID patient and death attributed to COVID. So while pre-existing conditions are mostly responsible for COVID deaths if you get COVID, those same pre-existing conditions aren't accounted for on the death certificate.
What's COVID in your bloodstream mean? You mean he had antibodies? My sympathies, but can we have some more details if you don't mind? when did he get COVID? Was he in good health prior? The more knowledge we all have is the better, the way I see it.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 05-19-2021, 11:30 AM

I will say this though regarding "fear mongering" of the media.... they have certainly fear mongered people from getting vaccinated. A handful of people have severe allergic reactions out of the MILLIONS of people and they make it such a big news as if the vaccine is so dangerous. And then they wonder why people don't want to take the vaccine. Really annoying!

Old 05-19-2021, 11:43 AM

978 posts, read 673,521 times
And yet 800,000 die per year to heart failure in the US. Yet no one bats an eye.
How many thousands are shot in Chicago every year? No one bats an eye.
Yes. What ever happend to the flu? Good old fashioned flu? Didn’t hear of anyone catching it. Seems suspect to me.
I rarely get sick, so why would I get a vAx? My body my choice.

Old 05-19-2021, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
And yet 800,000 die per year to heart failure in the US. Yet no one bats an eye.
How many thousands are shot in Chicago every year? No one bats an eye.
Yes. What ever happend to the flu? Good old fashioned flu? Didn’t hear of anyone catching it. Seems suspect to me.
I rarely get sick, so why would I get a vAx? My body my choice.

Do hospitals get overwhelmed and get filled to capacity due to heart failure or the flu? I don't think so. Just the fact that hospitals get jam packed with Covid patients means that this disease is highly contagious and an overwhelming number of people get very very sick from it.

And sure, your body, your choice. But just don't get mad if I'm walking around you maskless. My mask, my choice.

The problem is, many people aren't getting vaccinated at this point and are upset that stores are lifting mask mandates. If there are people out there concerned for their safety, they should be getting vaccinated. No excuses. If you choose not to get vaccinated, then don't complain about mask mandates being lifted and people around you taking off their masks. The rest of us "choose" to return to normality.

Old 05-19-2021, 01:38 PM

5,682 posts, read 4,084,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseShopper View Post
Do hospitals get overwhelmed and get filled to capacity due to heart failure or the flu? I don't think so. Just the fact that hospitals get jam packed with Covid patients means that this disease is highly contagious and an overwhelming number of people get very very sick from it.

And sure, your body, your choice. But just don't get mad if I'm walking around you maskless. My mask, my choice.

The problem is, many people aren't getting vaccinated at this point and are upset that stores are lifting mask mandates. If there are people out there concerned for their safety, they should be getting vaccinated. No excuses. If you choose not to get vaccinated, then don't complain about mask mandates being lifted and people around you taking off their masks. The rest of us "choose" to return to normality.

Just got home from Wegmans without wearing a mask. Less than half of the customers and all of the employees were masked. First day. Hopefully more will start to breathe again and get out from under the government's thumb

Old 05-19-2021, 01:43 PM

1,399 posts, read 891,281 times
Quote:
That is the COMPLETE opposite of what health experts like Dr. Fauci and the CDC says. Vaccines like Moderna and Pfizer are 94-95% effective in preventing you from getting Covid altogether and are nearly 100% effective in preventing any severe symptoms. So if you happen to be in that 5% with a breakthrough infection, you'll either be asymptomatic or have very mild symptoms. And when that does happen, there's not enough of the virus in your system to transmit to others. So it's a very very very low risk for a vaccinated person to transmit to anyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated.

That is the whole reason behind the sudden turnaround on the mask mandate. And I get it. I have no fear for the vaccinated people at this point as I do believe the scientists know what they are talking about. My fear is the many people who have yet to be vaccinated. But giving anyone the freedom to go maskless, it poses a threat to the unvaccinated people.
When's the last time fauci had a patient? When's the last time any of these experts last seen a patient?

Old 05-19-2021, 02:48 PM

978 posts, read 673,521 times
Quote:

I think you are misunderstanding my stance. I don’t care if someone has a mask or not, I don’t care if they are vaccinated or not. I prefer to see people without masks. Btw it’s a virus not a disease. Again the numbers show it is very low in the big picture of things.
You do realize the Spanish flu had about a 5.8% kill rate and covid has a 1%. Where was the hysteria? Where was the hyper control?

We can jam people together on a jet, side by side, eat treats with no masks, but we have had to wear them while wandering the neighborhood??? Sooooo many questions.

One more time worth repeating. Here are the numbers from the cdc.

Let's review (all CDC-based numbers):

• 99.7% survival rate (total)
• 99.9997% survival rate for children
• Avg. age of death: 78 y.o.
• 94% deaths have co-morbidities
• 0.9%-1.9% mask mandate efficacy (you understand this about mask efficacy? Good, 1% effective)

Smart Americans have been 'over' the media-driven COVID hysteria for a while. Only the weak, ignorant, virtue signallers panicked or cried when Abbott lifted the mask mandates.

Old 05-19-2021, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Yes it is.

Many who died from other pre-existing conditions were categorized as dying from COVID if they tested positive.

My father in law died from a stroke in Nov and was categorized as a COVID death until the family called BS on it. Notice no one dies from the flu anymore. Die from a heart attack but have COVID in your blood stream, COVID death.

The number of deaths on average hasn't shot up during COVID. We're not seeing the average number of deaths in addition to COVID deaths. What we seeing is largely the average number of deaths attributed to COVID. But you have to actually do your research and quit trusting the MSM. Hospitals get lots of money for each additional COVID patient and death attributed to COVID. So while pre-existing conditions are mostly responsible for COVID deaths if you get COVID, those same pre-existing conditions aren't accounted for on the death certificate.

You know, I actually can believe you on that. I know two people personally who had Covid and died... my uncle and a friend of my mom.

My uncle was in the hospital with lung cancer. When they tested him, he was positive for Covid-19. He caught it from his wife, who happened to be positive but was asymptomatic (and not vaccinated, mind you). He died, but it was actually lung cancer that killed him even tho he had Covid in his bloodstream.

My mom's friend had a stroke. She was weak and in a wheelchair from it. Her husband got Covid from work and passed it onto her. So given her weak condition, she died when she got the virus. Her husband on the other hand, got really sick but was able to recover at home. And so did their daughter who also caught the virus from them.

I had another uncle who also caught Covid and passed it onto my aunt. My uncle got sick with cold-like symptoms but recovered in about a week. My aunt just was run down a little and recovered rather quickly.

So yeah, just weird how I know many people who caught the virus and the ONLY two that died from it were people who were on their deathbed already. And just the fact that you brought up a similar story in your situation now makes me wonder about the whole thing.

Old 05-19-2021, 06:30 PM

855 posts, read 450,499 times
Quote:

Fauci the expect? LMAO. He's the same clown who told us masks don't help and wearing one actually increases the chances you get COVID.

Fauci is a pimp for Big Pharma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York