Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 10:06 AM

1 posts, read 1,886 times

Advertisements

Hello, me & my family will be moving to ft. drum, ny around July and was wondering if any information is available from others that may already be living there? I already have the heads-up regarding the WINTER, but I seek information about the school system there. I have a 11yr old honor student and desire to find a pleasant environment for him to attend. I also attend school online, but at the present; I am a teacher assistant that work with emotionally disturbed children with learning disabilities. So if any information could be passed along regarding where I may apply online for job opportunities, then please feel free to respond! Thanks in advance for your cooperation and consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2010, 11:12 AM

93,908 posts, read 124,640,310 times
Just put Fort Drum into the search space and a bunch of information will come up.

As for schools, look at General Brown, Indian River, Carthage, 1000 Islands and Sackets Harbor, among others.

Here's a good site to look for jobs: Central New York Jobs

and for schools: www.greatschools.net/ny (broken link) Just search by address and go to Jefferson county

Old 04-09-2010, 11:16 AM

You can look below as well.

Old 04-09-2010, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshellitel View Post
Hello, me & my family will be moving to ft. drum, ny around July and was wondering if any information is available from others that may already be living there? I already have the heads-up regarding the WINTER, but I seek information about the school system there. I have a 11yr old honor student and desire to find a pleasant environment for him to attend. I also attend school online, but at the present; I am a teacher assistant that work with emotionally disturbed children with learning disabilities. So if any information could be passed along regarding where I may apply online for job opportunities, then please feel free to respond! Thanks in advance for your cooperation and consideration.
This might be a great place to look for a job: Jefferson Rehabilitation Center – JRC – Watertown NY – Not-for-profit organization providing education, training, residences, inclusion and advocacy for individuals with developmental disabilities » JRC Employment Opportunities (http://www.thejrc.org/employment/jrc-jobs/ - broken link)

Old 04-09-2010, 02:11 PM

This is the site for school districts in the area:
New York schools - NY elementary, middle and high school information
New York schools - NY elementary, middle and high school information (Look at Gouverneur)
New York schools - NY elementary, middle and high school information (Look at Lowville and Copenhagen)

This is a good catholic school system in the area too: http://www.ihcschools.org/

Old 04-15-2010, 12:03 PM

1 posts, read 1,825 times
I am an army wife on fort drum, My husband and I have lived here for 3 years and I do have some info for you. If you would like you can contact me at [email]sbrown5286@yahoo.com[/email] I hope to hear from you soon!

Old 04-23-2010, 02:07 AM

5 posts, read 17,948 times
Mountaineer Estates is off post about 1 mile from Drum gate. I heard that the on post housing is being built so quickly that they are falling apart and the base is charging an arm and leg to move out...

Old 04-28-2010, 01:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,911 times
We lived in Watertown for five years and are now in Arlington, Virginia. We miss Watertown like crazy and are trying to get back. Winters are long, dark and snowy. And cold. But there's nothing like the people and space up there... friendly, warm, and fun. We miss the quaintness of it all.

Old 04-28-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GovernmentOwnsUs View Post
We lived in Watertown for five years and are now in Arlington, Virginia. We miss Watertown like crazy and are trying to get back. Winters are long, dark and snowy. And cold. But there's nothing like the people and space up there... friendly, warm, and fun. We miss the quaintness of it all.
I agree and you can add safe and family friendly too....

Old 04-19-2012, 10:58 AM

1 posts, read 1,108 times
Hey i am a army wife from tallahassee fl., me and my family will be moving to ft. Drum the end of june.... I really need help with founding a job.. Do anyone knw where i can start looking or with any help. And also can you tell me is it hard to find a place off base. If there's anything you can share with me please do so because i am new to the army game lol!! Thanks mrs, colston
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York