Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2015, 10:04 AM

88 posts, read 166,708 times

Advertisements

facts, stop downplaying terrible places in new york state

Old 12-27-2015, 10:30 AM

969 posts, read 2,079,549 times
On the contrary, ckh is one of the few posters on this forum that is factual, grounded, and a straight shooter as opposed to the sweeping stereotypes, extremes, and emotional personal reactions that you typically see.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:16 AM

93,974 posts, read 124,785,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisps View Post
On the contrary, ckh is one of the few posters on this forum that is factual, grounded, and a straight shooter as opposed to the sweeping stereotypes, extremes, and emotional personal reactions that you typically see.
Thanks and the original post actually contradicts itself.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:21 AM

7,511 posts, read 4,380,803 times
CHKthankgod is indeed a cheerleader for New York State. That's okay there is a place for just about anyone. To he/she's credit they do not insult those that have a differing opinion of New York. Especially those of us who got out for very valid reasons.

Old 12-27-2015, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
CHKthankgod is indeed a cheerleader for New York State. That's okay there is a place for just about anyone. To he/she's credit they do not insult those that have a differing opinion of New York. Especially those of us who got out for very valid reasons.
I respect this, but if people have actually looked at many of my posts, I've been critical about many things within the state from government, taxes, poverty and employment issues. What I don't do is just focus on negative aspects and more importantly, I try to get factual information, if available, about a topic/thread.

Niagara Falls has some rough areas, but to just dismiss areas like DeVeaux, LaSalle and some areas near Hyde Park wouldn't be fair.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:02 PM

88 posts, read 166,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
I respect this, but if people have actually looked at many of my posts, I've been critical about many things within the state from government, taxes, poverty and employment issues. What I don't do is just focus on negative aspects and more importantly, I try to get factual information, if available, about a topic/thread.

Niagara Falls has some rough areas, but to just dismiss areas like DeVeaux, LaSalle and some areas near Hyde Park wouldn't be fair.
even detroit has "nice areas" its people like you who keep the cover up going by throwing pink roses over reality.

Old 12-27-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ghost View Post
even detroit has "nice areas" its people like you who keep the cover up going by throwing pink roses over reality.
Not at all and in fact, I may be doing the opposite, as many people may not realize such places have nice areas. I personally think that with the video and trying to hard to prove how "hard" and bad Niagara Falls is, you aren't addressing an issue that really is a nationwide issue within inner city urban areas. Once that happens and take the topic there, then we can have a real conversation. What you are showing and dare I say, exploiting in regards to Niagara Falls is no different from any city USA. Let's talk about the root of the issue and go from there, instead of making the issue seem like it is exclusive to Niagara Falls. What about the people in the hood trying to do positive things or to combat crime?

Old 12-27-2015, 01:48 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,432,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Ghost View Post
Yeah, and why tell people they shouldn't move to nice areas of Detroit?

Old 12-27-2015, 02:39 PM

Not at all and I don't recall telling anyone to move to Niagara Falls anyway.

BTW- What area of NF do you live in?

Old 12-27-2015, 02:43 PM

7,511 posts, read 4,380,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post

I do too, all the reasons that you mentioned above are what drove us out. Some people just do not want to hear it or are too stubborn to accept it. Especially when politics are involved. New York State at least for us is not compatible with our way of thinking. We have sought and found a better life in Arizona. It has everything that we could have ever wanted out of life and then some. Arizona is where we truly belong.

My posts regarding New York State is to inform people who are contemplating leaving New York is that as we've found out, they can have a much better life once they are out of there. Of course it is all subjective, many people could never leave New York. That's fine, however it's no reason to condemn people who have legitimate reasons for hating that place.

One thing people should keep in mind is that if they do decide to move elsewhere is to make sure that their adopted state is compatible with their way of thinking and lifestyle. Otherwise they will probably be miserable and try and force their agenda on others who are native to that state or have lived there for a long time. If that's the case they really had no business moving there in the first place. Making few friends in the process. Nobody wants to hear: "Well that's not the way things are where I came from." We do not need to be enlightened nor do we want to.

Sure, every state has good and bad places. But where you go and what you make of it is what really counts.

Anyway, I enjoy reading your posts and am glad we can respect each other's opinions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York