Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2015, 10:07 PM

21 posts, read 53,111 times

Advertisements

I'm looking on Craigslist and every website known to man but can't find a decent listing of Nyack apartments. Where are people successfully finding them? I'm in NYC and can easily get up to Nyack on the weekends but would it take a visit to a realtor? I'm not sure if most available listings are word of mouth or in a realtors office and not online. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2015, 02:39 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
Have you checked Zillow? It has it own feed from Postlet's as well as the MLS.

The rental market in the Metro NY market is super tight. After looking and planning for a year a settled on Stamford. Pickings are slim in NY and the good ones go fast, probably before they are even listed. However of you can go further north like Ossining, there may be better inventory. Stamford is renter's market right now because of all of the building going on there.

Old 05-28-2015, 11:46 AM

I've tried Zillow, Trulia, Hotpads, Craigslist and am even dispatching friends and family. I'm convinced there must be a hidden market in Nyack.

For DH's job, he has to live in NY or else Bergen or even Stamford would be an option, thanks.

Old 05-28-2015, 04:21 PM

5,559 posts, read 4,631,471 times
We landed in Stamford for now. The only area that has inventory to choose from with a pretty good range prices. I worked with a no-fee agent who showed me a dozen apartment buildings and condos in a day. Worked very well. We ended up in Glenview Apts. but looked at all in the downtown vicinity. Some may still be offering incentives.

Old 09-09-2016, 04:34 PM

18 posts, read 20,499 times
I am trying to relocate there from overseas and have been in touch with several local realtors. They have all been very responsive and provided great customer service. I got their names from realtor.com. Piermont and Nyack are absolutely beautiful and if you can afford it, certainly a great place to live. might want to consider buying a small apt. instead of renting. Just an idea!

Old 09-12-2016, 07:33 AM

Barbara, yes, you're correct. Realtors (or knowing people in Nyack) is indeed the only way. We tried Craigslist but it was a wash. We've been here for a little over a year now and are super grateful to our realtor for finding us a gem. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York