Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 04:43 PM

33 posts, read 124,538 times

Advertisements

I am new to the Plattsburgh, NY area and am looking for some specific ideas on where to rent a nice apartment. I have been shown some horrid places and am interested in some nice, reasonably priced apartments either in a complex or not. Not looking for the usual gross college like housing, I am a graduate student and my boyfriend is a business professional. We are looking for something nice, clean and in a safe area close to SUNY. Any help you could give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2007, 06:19 PM

518 posts, read 2,013,239 times
Post First of all............

What is your approximate budget? There are some apartments on Rugar Street where we lived that are townhouse types, but they are near the fieldhouse more than the main campus. Is that close enough or do you need an apartment closer to Broad Street? The more info the better. A ton of landlords here are absentee landlords from either Albany or another city and just rent out, but don't keep the places up like they should. I will be happy to help you!

Old 12-03-2007, 07:00 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,713,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plattsburgher View Post
What is your approximate budget? There are some apartments on Rugar Street where we lived that are townhouse types, but they are near the fieldhouse more than the main campus. Is that close enough or do you need an apartment closer to Broad Street? The more info the better. A ton of landlords here are absentee landlords from either Albany or another city and just rent out, but don't keep the places up like they should. I will be happy to help you!

During my first senior year I lived in some apartments on Rugar by the field house. I was happy there. Close to the school but away from the loud Brinkerhoff crowd.

Old 12-03-2007, 07:05 PM

Yeah that sounds fine. I"m looking to pay around 800 a month. Doesn't have to be right on campus, just within a 10 minute drive. Just something nice, not dirty and def not into the whole absentee landlord thing ( I'm from Albany, so i know how that can be)

Old 12-03-2007, 08:19 PM

I forgot to mention earlier, that the apartment would also need to be pet friendly. I have a cat and small breed dog. Thanks again for any help ya can give us..

Old 12-04-2007, 06:20 PM

Any advice?

Old 12-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Post Sorry..............I didn't forget

Just have been really, really busy lately. There is a place near SUNY that is in a complex that does allow pets. There is a mix of college and older people. It is owned by JD Dame Enterprises and is on a street named CV Way very near the college. It isn't a plush, brand new place, but for 800 I think it is clean and spacious and has a bit of yard and is walkable to college. I know they have info on a website called switchboard/Plattsburgh.com. Try googling that and you will get all the other apartments that pop up. I already tried the legit college references and yes, you are sooooo right, they all are on "dive" streets. The apartments they list are for freshmen or partiers, all in the old houses that are in fact the absentee landlords that I mentioned earlier. My daughters friends lived in one last year. If you still have problems I will try my best to get info. Here are some other names to look up in the phone book. Meron Properties (Terry Meron, owner), Fessette Properties.............you might just google Pburgh and apartments and see what you get. If the place at CV Way has an opening, that would be great. Good luck!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:15 PM

Thanks so much, i will try and find that information. I will let ya know how it works out. Thanks again!

Old 12-17-2007, 09:27 AM

I am having a little trouble finding information on this property. Any ideas?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:19 PM

Post The most info I could find online...........

was listed under the newspaper. Google PressRepublican.com and you will get the local paper and just type in the zip (12901) and the Cardinal Village Apartment site (on CV Way) will pop up. You do need to scroll down to the middle or end of the page because the top sites are all sponsored webwide sites and there is nothing local there. Another very well-rated apartment complex is Renessance (sp????) Village which is just across the street and close to the college also. I am not sure if they allow pets, but they are also listed on the local newspaper website. There is an area map with each apartment so you can see exactly where the apartment is in relation to the college. Hope this helps! Let me know if this helps......................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York