Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2012, 11:29 AM

201 posts, read 298,497 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My wife and I are expecting soon and when she goes back to work, we will need to get full time child care. We have narrowed it down to two options, and I was hoping for opinions from anyone with personal experience. The two options are:
1) Bright Horizons in Casperkill
2) Cinnamon Tree Child Care Center in LaGrange

Now, I know that Bright Horizons is highly regarded, but it also comes at a premium. The difference between the prices we have been quoted is about $90/week difference, which adds up. I am most interested in anyone's opinion of the Cinnamon Tree center, because we would like to be able to save the extra money, but not at the expense of the safety/development of our child.

We have looked at all of the other care centers in the area with infant care, and these are the only two with openings and/or in our price range.

Thanks for any help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2012, 01:40 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,906,658 times
Cinnamon Tree is a dump..sorry...but there are so many bad vibes and in the many years I was in the valley, it has never gotten better..its the place you go to when all others are booked or full..so yeah..you get what you pay for. The franchised centers seem to be the best way here in the valley.

You may want to research whats going on in the center. You can search all details of the center on the link below and then when you find one, click on it to drill down further..you can sees what violations have occured.

New York State Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York