Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2010, 09:54 AM

3 posts, read 16,393 times

Advertisements

Hi Guys,

I tried doing a forum search but didnt really see anything to answer my question. I'm driving a small 12 ft moving truck from new jersey into the city to pick up a piece of furniture then driving back to new jersey. I dont see anything that would prohibit a small moving truck from travelling through the lincoln tunnel both east and west bound. Is that correct?

Where would a truck bound for new jersey via the lincoln tunnel enter from?

Thanks!

Last edited by scidork82; 05-13-2010 at 10:08 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2010, 11:23 AM

10,915 posts, read 31,385,275 times
I think the only restriction is that you cannot use the center tube with a truck. You can get to the Lincoln Tunnel from 41st street, westbound from 9th Avenue, or eastbound via 40th from 12th Avenue. With a truck, I believe that you have to use the 40th or 41st Street approaches, so I would not use Dyer or any of the approaches in the 30s.

Here's a link to NYC DOT's truck map in PDF format: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dot/download...kroute2010.pdf

City-Data Terms of Service
City-Data FAQs

Old 05-13-2010, 11:29 AM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
from Truckers' Resources - The Port Authority of NY & NJ

Lincoln Tunnel 13 ft (height limit) 8 ft 6 in (width limit) No trucks in center tube of Tunnel. No propane in any tube.

Please kind in mind the following:

All 8 ft 6 in (102 in) trucks entering New York City must have a permit, regardless of the crossing used.
No trucks permitted on the Garden State Parkway in New Jersey.
No trucks permitted on the Henry Hudson Parkway in New York.
Commercial vehicles using E-ZPass are eligible for discounted tolls when crossing at certain times. Please see the Tolls and Discounts chart, below, for details.
Convoys and oversize vehicles are subject to special restrictions. Please see the Convoys and Oversize Vehicles section below for details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: