Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2010, 03:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,497 times

Advertisements

I have been searching everywhere. I need to find places taking section 8 with pa in the Bronx or Manhattan can someone help me. If so please email me at dr7040@gmail.com thx so much.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:18 PM

461 posts, read 2,002,892 times
Unfortunately for you, Landlords no longer want to rent to people on section 8 and welfare. Landlords have had too many bad experiences with those type of tenants that they prefer not to deal with them all together. Did you know that you can use your section 8 in other parts of the country? You are not restricted to NY only besides, you get more bang for your buck in other states.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:22 PM

44 posts, read 52,068 times
Move to another city.

One with housing you can actually afford without using welfare.

Old 04-30-2010, 10:33 PM

1,016 posts, read 1,944,109 times
that is your social workers job to find you an appartment not us? we really can't help since we are not your social worker to do so......

you CAN"T use you Section 8 voucher in another state...you have to move to another state FIRST and THEN apply and wait on the list till you are called...

Old 04-30-2010, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bornrich View Post
Move to another city.

One with housing you can actually afford without using welfare.
I hope you never find yourself in a situation where you need public assistance...possible this is a sick or elderly person..

Old 05-01-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chichappens View Post
possible this is a sick or elderly person..

I highly doubt that. Not too many elderly folks on Section 8 compared to other groups. If I were a betting man and this being NY, I'd say a single mom with 3-4 kids possibly from different "baby daddies". Sounds very stereotypical but being in the real estate rental business, I couldn't tell you how many times I get emails or phone calls from people replying to my craigslist ad that fall under that category. On Section 8 and welfare. Once I hear that I say...."I'll call you back" but never do because I just rented out the apartment to a regular working person so therefore it is no longer available.

Old 05-01-2010, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
I highly doubt that. Not too many elderly folks on Section 8 compared to other groups. If I were a betting man and this being NY, I'd say a single mom with 3-4 kids possibly from different "baby daddies". Sounds very stereotypical but being in the real estate rental business, I couldn't tell you how many times I get emails or phone calls from people replying to my craigslist ad that fall under that category. On Section 8 and welfare. Once I hear that I say...."I'll call you back" but never do because I just rented out the apartment to a regular working person so therefore it is no longer available.

Sadly you have no idea how many Senior Citizens WHO BUILT THIS CITY who barely make it it day to day and being forced out of the city they built .. MANY ARE ON SICRE :spelling: AND SECTION 8 and more people get older the more people are on it. FYI people on welfare are regular people to. like I mentioned before I hope YOU or someone else close to you never falls flat on their face and needs public assistance...Better yet that might be a good thing for you to experience so you can see how hard it is for people who had it all and lost it to the economy, ill health, retiring with lil income........Then YOUR TUNE will change.

FYI this city has A LOT OF people who are on SSD who were injured in 911 and they deserve section 8 if they qualify and they may have LOADS of kids but they lost it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL due to terrorisim and a bad economy that is now a depression.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:05 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,650,497 times
Quote:
Sadly you have no idea how many Senior Citizens WHO BUILT THIS CITY who barely make it it day to day and being forced out of the city they built .. MANY ARE ON SICRE :spelling: AND SECTION 8 and more people get older the more people are on it. FYI people on welfare are regular people to. like I mentioned before I hope YOU or someone else close to you never falls flat on their face and needs public assistance...Better yet that might be a good thing for you to experience so you can see how hard it is for people who had it all and lost it to the economy, ill health, retiring with lil income........Then YOUR TUNE will change.

FYI this city has A LOT OF people who are on SSD who were injured in 911 and they deserve section 8 if they qualify and they may have LOADS of kids but they lost it ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL due to terrorisim and a bad economy that is now a depression.
Amen.

Old 05-01-2010, 07:12 PM

Quote:

Oh please...cry me a river. Listen, I don't mind senior citizens...I have no beef with them. The people I have beef with are the animals that make up the majority of the section 8 tenant stock. Is everyone on section 8 a loud, disrespectful person? NO! But the MAJORITY of them are and fit the M.O. of the very same people that live in the projects. GHETTO!!! So don't get it twisted, I love senior citizens and would rent to them any day, they are not on the corner hustlin'. The thugs are! 99% of these thugs are on either section 8, welfare or some other public program. The hell with them. The city has enough thugs and wannabee gangstas as is. We don't need more. I assume you're on section 8 or have family on section 8 or some type of program which explains why you are defending public programs and the angels it has...LOL!

Old 05-01-2010, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorfox View Post
Oh please...cry me a river. Listen, I don't mind senior citizens...I have no beef with them. The people I have beef with are the animals that make up the majority of the section 8 tenant stock. Is everyone on section 8 a loud, disrespectful person? NO! But the MAJORITY of them are and fit the M.O. of the very same people that live in the projects. GHETTO!!! So don't get it twisted, I love senior citizens and would rent to them any day, they are not on the corner hustlin'. The thugs are! 99% of these thugs are on either section 8, welfare or some other public program. The hell with them. The city has enough thugs and wannabee gangstas as is. We don't need more. I assume you're on section 8 or have family on section 8 or some type of program which explains why you are defending public programs and the angels it has...LOL!

FYI Animals are NOT good or bad peoople Animals are our FRIEND...

No I am not on Sections 8 but I am a NYer and I see how seniors are trying to get buy month to month not only in NY but the entire country.

...Do you realise NYC is in a Deep depression...and do you realise that people who once had coporate jobs are now being layed off and losing them with very little if any financial means. Do you realise that people who are retiring are not able to live life because social security and some pentions do not proved them with enough finanncial means......... and these were the people who again built this city or worked VERY hard and got a great education and great jobs and now the city if not the entire country is falling apart.........may I suggest you read about the Great depression of the the 1920 and see what I am talking.....

My feeling is you are VERY BIAS of low income PEOPLE NOT ANIMALS PEOPLE............well I strongly hope that with this depression you will find PEOPLE who can rent from you and pay on time every month as our country gets worse an worse finanncialy because you MAY end up losing it all when your tenants don't have the means to pay you and you start falling behind financially...

I defend these programs because I am apart of this country and this country is a part of US and you Mr. Monopoly make sure you have a get out of jail card handy because they way your showing your true colors makes me wonder what kind of a HONEST business person you are......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City